Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 19 2012
By: TheGoldenMonky5 Hekseville Citizen 343 posts

I love Sweet Tooth, BUT their is a problem....

23 replies 240 views Edited Oct 19, 2012

He is so freaking slow, I can not ever get off any Melee attacks and the only thing that I can make usually hit are the Cocktails or Landmines. Anybody figure out how to use him? He is the character that I love the most so far and it just sucks that I can't even get hits with him.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3231 posts

Re: I love Sweet Tooth, BUT their is a problem....

Oct 19, 2012

In the other betas my mottos where side shotgun and down shotgun ftw.  very effective in gaining AP.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF7 Dirge of Cerberus, Persona Series, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Megaman 10, Infamous Second Son, SMT Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. The Soulless Army
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5355 posts

Oct 19, 2012
I can, just keep practicing and you'll get use to it
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (231 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
987 posts

Oct 19, 2012
Practice practice practice!

Sweet tooth is one of my main's, trust me: He is VERY good.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5355 posts

Oct 19, 2012
Agreed Yogurt!
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 19, 2012
I've got a bittersweet relationship with Sweet Tooth, I either dominate, or get my a** kicked - it's never in between.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (208 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 19, 2012

I love Sweet Tooth as well, but I find he has a lot fo trouble getting inside and STAYING inside.  He doesn't have many combos, so he can't keep people stunned for long and most of his attacks knock people back.  He's always having to chase people, which isn't a good thing for him. :/

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 19, 2012

And he has really no long range, or even medium range, options.  It's up close or nothing.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 19, 2012
I agree. A lot of his moves are slow, which is why you need to evade behind the enemy, then attack. I wouldn't use the Mines or Cocktails because they barely generate any AP. Some combos you can do are Spit Flames then Shotgun, or Butt pound then jump and do the Up + Square uppercut (Or jump then flame, or jump then shotgun), or you can do my personal favorite, just Stomp and then uppercut directly after. And don't forget to use his normal square move (The standard Machete combo) because its one of his best, and fastest moves.

As for some other tips...
1. Try to avoid using his level 1 because it gets interrupted very easily (Especially by Kratos because so many of his moves reach far and have a 360 degree range)
2. Same for his level 2... It rarely gets more than 1 kill.
3. Evade, evade, evade.
4. Save for the level 3! Tooth is one of the characters where saving for his level 3 really pays off. (I got 6 kills with it once.)

Just keep practicing man.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 19, 2012

Thanks, man.  It's just really hard to stay motivated when I keep getting my **bleep** handed to me. :/  I really like Sweet Tooth and I want to get better at him.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (175 Views)
0 Likes