Reply
Nov 23 2012
By: Levi_Skardsen I Only Post Everything 1147 posts
Offline

I lose almost every FFA I play.

15 replies 294 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

It's really frustrating too, as I feel like I'm usually the better player in the match. I always seem to get ganged up on or hit by stray supers. Whereas I tend to always win at 2v2's. I guess when you take the random factor out it improves your odds.

Message 1 of 16 (294 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/10/2012
Offline
2388 posts
 

Re: I lose almost every FFA I play.

Nov 23, 2012
I win way more often than not, even than ill be in 2nd. Just have to be aware at all times of who has there super available and position accordingly.
Message 2 of 16 (292 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/04/2012
Offline
1789 posts
 

Re: I lose almost every FFA I play.

Nov 23, 2012
The most skilled player doesn't always win in a FFA match. I hope they add 1v1 support.
Message 3 of 16 (292 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/24/2012
Offline
1147 posts
 

Re: I lose almost every FFA I play.

Nov 23, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:
I win way more often than not, even than ill be in 2nd. Just have to be aware at all times of who has there super available and position accordingly.

I pretty much always get 2nd. I'm only ever losing by 1 or 2 points too. :/

Message 4 of 16 (287 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/16/2012
Offline
898 posts
 

Re: I lose almost every FFA I play.

Nov 23, 2012
Do you play time, stock or kill limit
Message 5 of 16 (273 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/21/2012
Offline
1530 posts
 

Re: I lose almost every FFA I play.

Nov 23, 2012
Depends on your character. If you have crowd control moves like Radec's grenades, or Ratchet's Tesla Spikes/Agents of Doom/Sonic Eruptor, then that's always helpful, but they aren't as effective in a 1v1. I main Radec in FFA, And Ratchet for 2v2, but I wouldn't use either for a 1v1, that's where the combo characters like Dabte and Raiden would really shine. And yes, there's that random factor that can work with you or against you, but you gotta play smart and analyze what's going on, where everyone's at with their supers so you can adjust, and just use your move set to it's fullest potential. I absolutely hate people that only use like two moves from a character, it shows lack of skill. Take it from someone who has a Black Belt in FFA.
 photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 6 of 16 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/21/2010
Offline
1735 posts
 

Re: I lose almost every FFA I play.

Nov 23, 2012

I think I fare pretty well online. I played about 6 matches last night at like 1am (When the psycho online gamers come out to play) and won 4 of them. One of them had 2 spamming Sackboys, and the other had a spamming Cole (I was also Cole, and the other 2 players would gang up on me and let the spammer get tons of AP with his Neutral Triangle from across the stage)

Message 7 of 16 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/24/2012
Offline
1147 posts
 

Re: I lose almost every FFA I play.

Nov 23, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

I think I fare pretty well online. I played about 6 matches last night at like 1am (When the psycho online gamers come out to play) and won 4 of them. One of them had 2 spamming Sackboys, and the other had a spamming Cole (I was also Cole, and the other 2 players would gang up on me and let the spammer get tons of AP with his Neutral Triangle from across the stage)


The Sackboy thing you mentioned happens to me pretty much all the time. For some reason no one else tries to go for him, they jusy focus on me.

Message 8 of 16 (249 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/21/2012
Offline
1530 posts
 

Re: I lose almost every FFA I play.

Nov 23, 2012
^yes and its extremely annoying to counter. Sackboy just peeves me off. Nobody goes after him, he uses his ball/Cakinator which nets him a good chunk of AP, places a shock pad in front of him for those trying to attack him, it's a huge hassle. It's hard to tell who are good Sackboy players and who are just being cheap/spamming.
 photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 9 of 16 (237 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/24/2012
Offline
1147 posts
 

Re: I lose almost every FFA I play.

Nov 23, 2012

KMart0002 wrote:
^yes and its extremely annoying to counter. Sackboy just peeves me off. Nobody goes after him, he uses his ball/Cakinator which nets him a good chunk of AP, places a shock pad in front of him for those trying to attack him, it's a huge hassle. It's hard to tell who are good Sackboy players and who are just being cheap/spamming.

If he's on a raised platform and you're Raiden, you can use a pretty cool move to catch him off guard by running up the wall behind him and hit him with an up triangle. Most players don't even seem to know that you can run up and stick to walls with Raiden.

Message 10 of 16 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes