Aug 15 2012
By: peartboyz I Only Post Everything 873 posts

I'll probably get crucified for saying this...

118 replies 794 views Edited Aug 15, 2012

So as many of you know this game has a 99% chance of a square rep being included. However which rep is the pressing question. Without a doubt FFVII was what made playstation what it is today. It broke the Nintendo X Square soft monopoly and allowed for the PS2 to become debateably the best console for RPG. But  despite how much of an awesome history cloud has with sony I believe that Lightning should rep Square in PSABR. 

Now most will argue that she has no emotional connection to sony or the players and... You're right. Cloud has the better nostalgia and fanbase. He is a TRUE playstation allstar. But you have to stop and wonder for a moment. Do you want to play as your charecter or an awesome charecter. based on what superbot hads been doing with it's charecters as of lately I see a trend. Radec isn't shoe horned into a close combat charecter or limited to smaller weapons like snake in SSB. Radec is given a genuinely new playstyle one that I welcome and cheer with much gusto! Sackboy much like in his own game is a charecter that shapes the stage around him. Kratos is a charecter that is combo heavy like in his own games. what I'm saying is each charecter is an extension of their own game.

While I love FFVII I can't say it would bring anything new to PSABR. His style is well defined and awesome but I can't see his moves being anything that spike, dante, and cole's aren't. He'd be a melee and long range fighter with strong knock back and a plethora of ranged magic moves. Now imagine lightning's moveset. She would change to fit the situation! diving into the fray with  army of one as a comando or dodging kratos and attacking as a ravanger, and when surrounded by strong distance charecters like radec and sackboy she could toss up AP orbs in her medic mode to lure in her opponents or give herself and edge!! 

I know most of you don't like lightning in comparison to cloud as a charecter but put that aside for a moment and think about how different this game is from Smash bros. This game gives you an experience fitting of that charecter not just the charecter and I think lightning could give us a legitimately new experience. 

Message 1 of 119 (794 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1165 posts

Re: I'll probably get crucified for saying this...

Aug 15, 2012

....i want sora lol

Photobucket
Omars hand is a DOLPHIN
Message 2 of 119 (785 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Izar22 wrote:

....i want sora lol

oh...
134471577587.gif

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 3 of 119 (775 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Aug 15, 2012
I want Sora as well.. Cant see why we cant have 2 games from Square Enix as long as they arent the same game. I cant see why everyone complains amd only wants 1 character represent a company. I understand being mad about multiple characters from a game but I dont see ehy be upset if its from the same company..
Message 4 of 119 (759 Views)
Shinra Executive
42141 posts

Aug 15, 2012
Vivi or Zidane from FFIX.

Even a Moogle, Cactuar, Chocobo, Tonberry would be 'neutral' to get away with a FF rep.

Message 5 of 119 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Aug 15, 2012

SO MANY FF THREADS LATELY! MAKE THEM STOP!!!

After this I'm not responding to anymore FF threads because their all feeling the same now. So I believe it should be Cloud or Squall or better both. Also if they could then include Sora to.

Message 6 of 119 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Aug 15, 2012
I want Square to give us Vivi and Gex. Man those two would be awesome for DLC or a sequel
Abe for All-Stars!!!
Message 7 of 119 (733 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Aug 15, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

So as many of you know this game has a 99% chance of a square rep being included. However which rep is the pressing question. Without a doubt FFVII was what made playstation what it is today. It broke the Nintendo X Square soft monopoly and allowed for the PS2 to become debateably the best console for RPG. But  despite how much of an awesome history cloud has with sony I believe that Lightning should rep Square in PSABR. 

Now most will argue that she has no emotional connection to sony or the players and... You're right. Cloud has the better nostalgia and fanbase. He is a TRUE playstation allstar. But you have to stop and wonder for a moment. Do you want to play as your charecter or an awesome charecter. based on what superbot hads been doing with it's charecters as of lately I see a trend. Radec isn't shoe horned into a close combat charecter or limited to smaller weapons like snake in SSB. Radec is given a genuinely new playstyle one that I welcome and cheer with much gusto! Sackboy much like in his own game is a charecter that shapes the stage around him. Kratos is a charecter that is combo heavy like in his own games. what I'm saying is each charecter is an extension of their own game.

While I love FFVII I can't say it would bring anything new to PSABR. His style is well defined and awesome but I can't see his moves being anything that spike, dante, and cole's aren't. He'd be a melee and long range fighter with strong knock back and a plethora of ranged magic moves. Now imagine lightning's moveset. She would change to fit the situation! diving into the fray with  army of one as a comando or dodging kratos and attacking as a ravanger, and when surrounded by strong distance charecters like radec and sackboy she could toss up AP orbs in her medic mode to lure in her opponents or give herself and edge!! 

I know most of you don't like lightning in comparison to cloud as a charecter but put that aside for a moment and think about how different this game is from Smash bros. This game gives you an experience fitting of that charecter not just the charecter and I think lightning could give us a legitimately new experience. 

very good point but when you said cloud is a playstation allstar you kinda said my answer lool

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 8 of 119 (730 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Aug 15, 2012

I thought characters are repping the game they were from, not the company, jak and drake are in and they're both from Naughty Dog

Message 9 of 119 (724 Views)
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Ok so sora gameplay wise would end up like spike ... at least in my opinion... Now if you said riku!! hell to the yes. but the problem with all these other square reps is their balanced-ness. their are already quite a few well balanced charecters in the game and I think that lightning finds her balance by changing focus making her a unique charecter.

Message 10 of 119 (723 Views)
0 Likes