Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: I know this is probably beaten to death.

Aug 3, 2012

That was before they got A LOT of character requests lol, actually before they started taking any character requests i believe, could be wrong Smiley Tongue

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 11 of 33 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Aug 3, 2012

I would completely agree with your detective work.  I think superbot has a fantastic game coming out for us.  Since they have repeatedly said they want to get as many characters on disc as they can, I think it adds even more truth to your claims

Message 12 of 33 (134 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Aug 3, 2012

I still think it is less than Brawl. My wish is 30-32 but i can see 26-28. They got a lot of character requests and I remember Omar saying later on in development characters are easier to make because you have a grasp on how to do it. Like in Diablo type games you make the warrior first, make all the other classes, and then make the warrior again and the character will be better. I'm really hoping it is 30-32. One thing I respect most about this game is that we have 20 characters and 19 IPs. Not trying to start a war with Brawl fans, and not denying the characters are amazing, but half of Brawl's roster is from 5 IPs.

Message 13 of 33 (127 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 3, 2012

You can only hope that theres a lot more characters we will find out about Smiley Very Happy All they really have to do is give away one character that wasnt "leaked" and than say "oh yeah we have 5-6 more you guys dont know about" and the hype will go up again xD, its kind of really died down since the leak.

Message 14 of 33 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
557 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Over 30 characters would be a miracle.

Message 15 of 33 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 3, 2012

20 characters and 19 IPs? Its late i cant think well i guess xD which characters are from the same game? I should probably go look at the list

Message 16 of 33 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Aug 3, 2012

The 2 Coles

Message 17 of 33 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 3, 2012

ah xD can't believe i didn't think of that, thanks Smiley Happy, i was thinking different characters, forgot there were two coles Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 33 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Aug 3, 2012

To add to this from a developer's standpoint (and I'm not a developer and I don't know how big files are compared to others). But I'm guessing that we have a couple of more stages left because I think they don't take up as much space as characters. They also must have known that the beta could possibly be hacked and you need a certain amount of data in the beta in order for it to work. I think they took out characters who they felt would be the best secrets to have for a later date. If someone knows more about the beta files than I do please elaborate for me. But in my mind out of the 8 leaked characters: Sackboy and Ratchet&Clank were shoe ins since they had levels already and they are iconic to playstation. The leaked picture of "Kat" was on an Ape Escape looking stage so they might have felt that was already strongly hinted at so left Spike on the file. Nariko was a launch title for PS3 and she seemed like a shoe-in as well. Dante was a strong possibility but him and Raiden I wouldn't have guessed. Sir Dan was actually one of my first characters I wrote down saying he will be in the game and glad i saw him on the leak. Evil Cole I ruled out completely. So I feel that they took out characters that were the bigger surprises than these guys in accordance to leaks and the obvious factor.

Message 19 of 33 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Aug 3, 2012
Im calling it right now the roster will be a total of 26 characters the 20 we know of now and 6 more im not to sure who maybe
Lara croft
Crash
Cloud
Infected nathan hale
Rayman
Connor/altair/ezio
Message 20 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes