Jan 25 2013
By: Breaker_Ki Sackboy 528 posts

I know its coming, but Dante needs a buff

10 replies 175 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

Bold cancel aside (which is technically a glitch), Dante is in pretty rough shape.

The reason he is not in the same tier as Kratos or Raiden is because his abilties are all extremely punishable.

His sqaure moves leave him wide open, and he can't turn around mid combo like Raiden/Kratos.  On top of that, his forward dash as poor range and speed.  His dash should help deal with zoning characters, but in his current state I have a very hard time catching them.  In FFA I'm better of ignoring them and letting the combo guys come to me... what if they are all zoners?!

As for AP gain, I think it's perfectly balanced with the others.  He can net good AP of a combo, and has a few ways to burst.  If he was more mobile, or at least less punishable on the sqaure he would be a great fighter.

Message 1 of 11 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Re: I know its coming, but Dante needs a buff

Jan 25, 2013
Bold cancel isn't a glitch.

And... *insert slowpoke meme*
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 2 of 11 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

When you Dash out of an UP Triangle cancel, your Dash starts lower off the ground then it should, which is why you stop immediately.  Therefore, this cancel is technically a fluke interaction (what I call glitch) with the terrain as it does not work on all surfaces.  

When you do the cancel enough times, you notice this happening, which is why I don't believe it was intended.  Besides, the bold cancel is a kill confim, there really is no point in using it for combos since he can AP busrt without it.

Message 3 of 11 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Oh, that kind of bold cancel. Believe what you want. I guess.

Btw, Dante did get a buff thanks to the new patch. He gets faster now.
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 4 of 11 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

I'm still up in the air on whether he got faster on his sqaure or if its just placebo.  I think it might be faster, but even if it is, it didn't really change how vunerable he is.  

Did they make others changes to him I didn't notice?

Message 5 of 11 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I can't see that as nothing more than a glitch, but anyway, yeah, I agree. He could probably use a bit of a buff. I love using Dante, I've even maxed him out, but I always have so much trouble with him when trying to get my BP up. His level 1 super really isn't that effective, and with everyone using spammy, easy characters, I've a hard time really keeping up with them in points, and I refuse to resort to certain characters like Kratos and Raiden just to get by. I've too much pride for that.

On another note, he builds excellent AP and his level 2 and 3 are great, but that level 1 and necessity for super close range does tend to put a damper on my game plan. I've a lot less trouble using somebody like Nate, but he's not maxed out, so obviously I'm pretty loyal to Dante regardless of his flaws.

Message 6 of 11 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

Jan 25, 2013
lol Dante needs a buff , coming from a jak player who has no reliable melee moves , is slower than dante and gains AP twice as slow.. quit **bleep**
Message 7 of 11 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Jak isn't supposed to combo.  He is my main, and I own the air.  

If you need to melee, jet board is an easy 35AP on its own.  Add the UP square, and ground forward square and you can get to level 3 easily.  Ideally though, you want to keep your distance, which is easy enough.  Though, I think Jak's level 2 needs work, but thats another thread.

Message 8 of 11 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

Jan 25, 2013
i know , i main jak , the airs his strength , but if anything jak needs a buff more than dante
Message 9 of 11 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I don't see how Jak needs a buff. He's so safe in the air that it isn't even funny. I guess I can see why Dante isn't in desperate need of a buff, but Jak certainly doesn't need one.

Message 10 of 11 (92 Views)
0 Likes