Nov 27 2012
By: LikeRA1N Wastelander 632 posts

I just faced the worse Sackboy exploit ever...

15 replies 498 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

Okay, first, I know people are tired of the Sackboy threads. And second, I NEVER complain about characters being overpowered. I honestly never have problems with Kratos, Raiden, Sly (sometimes) and ESPECIALLY Dante (Those are the four that are accused of being overpowered the most, right?). But when it comes to Sackboy, it's another story.

It has come to the point that when I see Sackboy at the loading screen, I've mentally lost the game before it even begun. As a Drake user, most of my moveset are turned against me with the fan so I have to work extra hard to get in close combat with Sackboy and even when I manage, there's the electric pad. Most of my Sackboy matches are a hopeless struggle.

Anyway, time to share this Sackboy explot with you guys!

I just had a match where Sackboy would use his pad to stun you, quickly lay out another pad, back slam you into the other pad, THAT pad stuns you, rinse and repeat. Now, for the inevitable "BLOCK" comments, I want you to know that I've dodged entire Level 3 Super Kratos'. Entire Level 2 Super Raidens. Level 2 Big Daddy's. Level 2 AND 3 Ratchet's, etc. etc. etc. I'm VERY well aware of L1's capabilities and how vital it is to this game. So spare those comments, please. If this guy was aware that his exploit could be blocked, he wouldn't have perfected it as he had. I want a Sackboy user to test this out and post a video for all to see. I want SuperBot to see this. There's something about Sackboy that's leaving a sour note in this game which is very un-LBP-like...because I love their tunes. Smiley Sad

Photobucket
Message 1 of 16 (498 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: I just faced the worse Sackboy exploit ever...

Nov 27, 2012
Welcome to the club, you may sign in on the left and have a seat over there.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 16 (478 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 27, 2012

You were in the air. Use an air dodge and move away.

Message 3 of 16 (467 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Regular throws > Sackboy Suplex. If it's giving you bother either dodge out the way, destroy the pad quickly or just throw him since normal throws actually beat his suplex.
Message 4 of 16 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Nov 28, 2012

That's not an exploit. 

Sackboy is meant to be able to do that with his fan, just like Drake's cover is make it impossible for players to "grab" him. 

Sackboy v Sackboy is always fun because of the fans. It's not that difficult to beat sackboy. 

*try dodging raiden's level 3 while you're in a box- drake's while you're a zombie-esque creature- or big daddy's while you're "swimming" 

Moving around in a bubble is a thousand times easier than moving around in the water or box.

Message 5 of 16 (411 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Nov 28, 2012

CatatonicAlex wrote:

*try dodging raiden's level 3 while you're in a box- drake's while you're a zombie-esque creature- or big daddy's while you're "swimming" 

Moving around in a bubble is a thousand times easier than moving around in the water or box.

Disagree. Your bubbles move super slow, and even if you are able to make it to the top of the screen or in a corner or something, Sackboy still has that grappling hook and trampoline, so there's nowhere to run to. Not to mention his super lasts forever, and it's not uncommon for Sackfaces to get 6 - 8 kills each time they use it

Message 6 of 16 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Nov 28, 2012

his level 3 does not last forever. It lasts the same amount of time as everyone else's level 3- just long enough to get 6 kills- more than that is uncommon. It just happens if you respawn next to him. 

I've see people that managed to move out of harms way when stuck in a bubble.  

The movement speed was also in comparison to the movement speed when you're "swimming." 

If any- they should nerf all level 3s so that after you get 6 kills it ends instantly. 

Message 7 of 16 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Part of the game dude lol. In every single fighting game, you will have good matchups and bad matchups. Looks like the sackboy vs drake matchup is way in sackboys favor lol
No Sig Required~
Message 8 of 16 (360 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 28, 2012

CatatonicAlex wrote:

That's not an exploit. 

Sackboy is meant to be able to do that with his fan, just like Drake's cover is make it impossible for players to "grab" him. 

Sackboy v Sackboy is always fun because of the fans. It's not that difficult to beat sackboy. 

OBJECTION!

It's actually quite 1000 times harder. As a Raiden player I can freaking plead that Raiden's level 3 versus Sackboy's is one thousand times worse, I would KNOW. Every Sackboy I've played against can manage atleast 6-9 kills depending on the stage, imo it's the strongest hyper in the game.

Message 9 of 16 (348 Views)
Survivor
2456 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I hate playing against drake when I'm sackboy, his ak47 attack can smash my cakes, his cover comes in use a lot, and his minigun down triangle i think, breaks the electric pads with EASE. drake has one of the most diverse move sets in this game/:
Message 10 of 16 (308 Views)
0 Likes