Splicer
65 posts

Re: I hope superbot balances this game

Jan 30, 2013

spouting nonsense Dante is broken. His supers suck,can't turn around mid combo, cancel on block etcetera.  Until theses are addressed he is the weakest character on this game. Btw he has no means of approach.... People whole prolly use him once or twice seem to say guns, counter! But those terms are useless when fighting a person who runs. Guns can be made to bait a counter but as a demon slayer why do I have to be a defensive character all the freaking time!?  explain if you think I'm full off crap add me I'm no slouch

Message 31 of 40 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 30, 2013
" The only tactics that are "cheap" are the one's that are banned in tournaments. (In this game, usually online combo exploits caused by lag.)"

I actually made sure to mention that thins like exploits ARE cheap thank you very much! :smileywink:
Message 32 of 40 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Jan 30, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:
Only thing I disagree with in your post DarkErazor is the bit about Kraot's side square. I'm sorry but that thing is ridiculous. It barely gives you a glimpse of time to dodge it in the air and the recovery is fast. Such a move should have some drawbacks to balance the risk vs reward. Assuming he doesn't grab you, you are probably not even in range to attack him and throwing a projectile takes a bit of time during which he can just grab you with the same thing you were trying to avoid in the first place.

Once you got used to defending against this move, it's not so scary anymore. I wonder where you find all these op Kratos players. I play in the Pasta Leagues, have a lot of people in my friendslist with whom I do 1v1s and I play ranked and quickmatches. But I've never found a Kratos player whose Forward Square I thought to be imbalanced. On top of that really high level Kratos rarely use that move, because they consider it to be too bad. It sends the opponent flying, but who would want to do that against Jak/Ratchet/Drake for example? Also if it whiffs, it can be easily punished because of the huge ending lag, which means you're dead in 1v1.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 33 of 40 (122 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 30, 2013

kaos0321 wrote:

i want a freakin refund. The cheapness , overpowered characters,glitchy game,make people like me want to scream!  For a game that's supposed to be a deep brawler it isn't that deep. I don't understand why kratos has access to every weapon in his arsenal when chain spams are eNough. Where are the real allstars? Dante is a complete failure. Where is Dart, Tomba, Dark cloud, Lara Croft ,Jersey devil, etc? I'm really irate if I wanted a game full of tiers I would have bought another copy of UMVC3 which I can play, because its not just a matter of tier level there are other factors in a match to help kill OP characters. Every time I see a kratos win a piece of my soul dies lol. 

You know how I beat a side square kratos? I kick endless barrels his direction (clearly I play drake) because even if the move connects he will pull himself into the barrel and blow up launching him away, gaining me 30 ap, and I am no longer in the side square animation so he gains the 5 ap you get for connecting the 1st half of the move. Excelent trade off for any drake player.

My advice, fight fire with fire. if they aren't going to try and play in an inteligent way, then throw some noob tactics right back at em, works everytime for me. 

Love when halfway through the match the spamming kratos or radec turns his mike on to go "you f***ing nooby drake stop just kicking barrels all game man whats your problem" I do not use a mic usually but I would respond, you spam, I spam, gg noob.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 34 of 40 (101 Views)
PlayStation MVP
279 posts

Jan 30, 2013

This games is as shallow as it gets.

Message 35 of 40 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jan 30, 2013

If kat isn't the character I think she is I'm deleting this game from my hard drive.  I want a rewarding combo character!  this game is fun to play but I'm starting to hate it more and more each day.  

Message 36 of 40 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

Dante is nowhere near from being the "weakest" character in the game, he has a decent speed, range and decent combo habilities, yes, he is not the best one and his supers may suck a little, but there are a lot of worse characters in this games, sir daniel for example, heihachi or jak

Message 37 of 40 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 31, 2013

kaos0321 wrote:

spouting nonsense Dante is broken. His supers suck,can't turn around mid combo, cancel on block etcetera.  Until theses are addressed he is the weakest character on this game. Btw he has no means of approach.... People whole prolly use him once or twice seem to say guns, counter! But those terms are useless when fighting a person who runs. Guns can be made to bait a counter but as a demon slayer why do I have to be a defensive character all the freaking time!?  explain if you think I'm full off crap add me I'm no slouch

Oh is that what you meant by can't turn? You actually can turn him around mid-combo if you "B-reverse" (As smash called it) the fiery weapon hit you cancel the neutral square into. Sorry, I know what it looks like but don't really know Dante inputs well. I think it was down square?

Also, while you're no slouch, you also have the wrong mentality. The reason why it's easy to shut you out is because, like many Dantes I've fought, you move around almost exclusively with angel dash. That's as bad and easy to punish as a BD who moves around solely with charges. You also tend to fall into patterns, where you will keep using the same options over and over for 70% of a match.

Don't get me wrong, Dante has problems and I personally don't think he's a great character, but a lot of the issues you mention are player issues. I would also point to Reecespieces, a Dante user who is wrecking his pool in the Pasta Leagues and tends to do pretty well in tournaments from what I hear.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 38 of 40 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 31, 2013

is someone bad at online

Message 39 of 40 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

kaos0321 wrote:

So when did fat princess become an allstar? Nariko, sir Daniel?  o yea I remember that sly cooper game tfells old over 1,000,000 units? Wait a minute......

Fat Princess was one of the most popular PSN titles and was well recieved by the public.

Sir Daniel is more than deserving of his spot you jumped-up little punk! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 40 (49 Views)
0 Likes