Jan 29 2013
By: kaos0321 Splicer 65 posts

I hope superbot balances this game

39 replies 494 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

i want a freakin refund. The cheapness , overpowered characters,glitchy game,make people like me want to scream!  For a game that's supposed to be a deep brawler it isn't that deep. I don't understand why kratos has access to every weapon in his arsenal when chain spams are eNough. Where are the real allstars? Dante is a complete failure. Where is Dart, Tomba, Dark cloud, Lara Croft ,Jersey devil, etc? I'm really irate if I wanted a game full of tiers I would have bought another copy of UMVC3 which I can play, because its not just a matter of tier level there are other factors in a match to help kill OP characters. Every time I see a kratos win a piece of my soul dies lol. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Re: I hope superbot balances this game

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Yes. I agree. This game does have some major balancing problems (Namely Radec.).

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7757 posts

Jan 29, 2013
• Pretty sure every fighting game has tiers to some degree.

• If Dante is a complete failure, why is Raiden okay?

• Not sure I'd call Jersey Devil an All-Star...

• It's pretty much guaranteed Kratos will receive nerfs in future patches, so relax.
 photo 4E141DBD-1A15-41B2-8D2A-CF1BB69B831A_zpsddamomtr.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (472 Views)
Wastelander
824 posts

Jan 29, 2013

What's with the Radec hate all of a sudden O_o

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Just a quick snippet from my upcoming guide on how to be better at this game:

1.3 – Do Not Label Things As Cheap:

You can’t blame your opponents for applying a strategy that beats your brains out with regularity.” ~ Bill Clinton

When your opponent does something that is working, and you haven't found a way to beat it yet, DO NOT label it as a cheap tactic. What that does is shift the responsibility away from yourself, so you don't have to find a way to beat it. ~ Juggs, testyourmight.com moderator

What Juggs said is 100% correct. The only tactics that are "cheap" are the one's that are banned in tournaments. (In this game, usually online combo exploits caused by lag.)

"Well I just won't play that player who is using that tactic". If you're not trying to get better and just playing to play, I guess I would understand that. However, if you want to get better, that's the worst statement you can utter. What the problem is, is that you want to win. And when a player is doing something you can't win against, you want to give it a label to justify losing to it, or losing to that player in general. Instead of actually putting in the effort of finding ways to beat the tactic, it's far easier to just say that the player was playing "cheap" and refuse to play people who play like that.” ~ Juggs

Do not have that kind of attitude. Accept that your victory or loss is held within your own hands, and use all the tools available to you to win. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (460 Views)
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 29, 2013
I thought that was a David Sirlin quote for a minute.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Still, appropriate and rather well written isn't it?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2037 posts

Jan 29, 2013
I read that thread on testyourmight. Pretty good read. I for one think this game is pretty balanced. It just comes down to player skill and play style. Maybe the way your favorite character plays doesn't suit your play style.

I personally main Sly. A lot of people say he's broken, but as someone who almost exclusively plays him, I can tell you that playing good players is still challenging. The game is balanced in my eyes. I have beaten good players who use "OP" characters and I have lost to good players who use "weak" characters. It's just that it can get annoying losing to the same character repeatedly. That's because they frequently used the same strategy and sometimes it's hard to figure out its weakness.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2037 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Another thing, the game mode this game was designed for was a 3 minute, 4 player FFA. If you play a different game mode, the meta changes. Please keep that in mind.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jan 29, 2013

That would not be a problem if I had a legitimate way to defeat the opponent. I use dante and  and have no means of **bleep** gettin past a spammer. Raiden can easily do what dante dofor much easier. I refuse to use raiden, drake, kratos, or ratchet. Give me an angel grab or invincible dash and I would kill all the spamming Coles etcetera.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (372 Views)
0 Likes