Jan 08 2013
By: Your_Moms_Ta_Tas Hekseville Citizen 315 posts

I have an idea to boost Jak's level 2 a bit to balance it! (Read don't judge yet)

[ Edited ]
8 replies 224 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

Ok, I heard already, "Jak doesn't really need a buff he's good with the right characters- Blah blah blah. I get that, I use him and his lvl 2's for a while. I've notice the Dark bomb is OK sized, which is the fine part I guess. But the SPEED of the dark bomb is way to quick! You have to admit that Jak fans! It's just like *BOOM*-done. It's fast enough that the players that are knocked down just for a bit have enough time to dodge (Which I've seen a lot as I play as him!) So here are my ideas! Hope you guys agree, it does overpower it but more balances it.

1. ADD SMALL STRINGS OF LETHAL PURPLE LIGHTNING- If you're lucky it won't hit you but it is possible and if you have played jak 2 or 3 you know what I'm talking about the little strings of lightning leaking from the explosion. Of course to lightning will be nerfed since how long and many there are. or (My favorite and most logical!!!)

2. SLOW MOTION THE ATTACK- This is more catchable to see in jak. When the bomb hits the explosion goes slow motion for a bit to show the damage, if Superbot could do that this would be amazing!!

What do you think! Smiley Very Happy Here's a video of the dark bomb to show you an example: (Skip to 00:09) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-jjaOLOPn8

Photobucket
Message 1 of 9 (224 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Re: I have an idea to boost Jak's level 2 a bit to balance it! (Read don't judge yet)

Jan 9, 2013
imo it needs to go faster, most of the time the players dodge it,
Message 2 of 9 (215 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Re: I have an idea to boost Jak's level 2 a bit to balance it! (Read don't judge yet)

Jan 9, 2013

Ari_Ownx wrote:
imo it needs to go faster, most of the time the players dodge it,

I made it sound like that didn't I? Well I meant (Like in the video) once, with the normal speed, he lands on the floor THEN the bomb is slowed to have more time.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 9 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Actually I have a far more better way to balance it. Its simple and I cannot believe many people have not thought about this. But first I will reply to you. No the Dark Bomb is not way to fast. It just doesn't have its slow motion *landing effect* that it had in Jak II and Jak 3. Theres no need for it in All Stars unless they want to be flashy which I would like though.

Now as for my best rational answer. In Jak II and Jak 3 the Dark Bomb was known for its large raduis both ground and air wise. Has anyone else not notice that the true problem with Dark Bomb is that its air height hitbox is the problem with its hitbox. Its mostly ground effective when its suppose to be both air and ground effective. All that needs to be done is add a larger hitbox for air coverage just like in the Jak games. Thats it.

Now there are some tweaks it *needs* as well. Apparently the Dark Bomb hitbox doesn't effect players below a platform. Example. Hades Stage. If a player is in the side corner and the Dark Bomb is unleashed by Jak on middle top level it will not hit. Thats a error because the Dark Bomb is suppose to cover all spaces near by.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 4 of 9 (188 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Jan 9, 2013

This^

Message 5 of 9 (161 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I agree that the attack blast goes by way too fast. I've had a player against me do a simple dodge roll (while still in the blast radius), and survive. That's a little ridiculous. Most other 'one-off' Level 2's (Radec, Spike; top of my head) seem to have a longer attack duration to prevent cheap dodge roll escapes. If you're in the vicinity of the hitbox of a Level 2, I think you should die.

I also strongly agree that his Level 2 should give a full 360-degree blast radius, instead of that awkward semi-circle ridiculousness. I hope that was just an oversight on their part, and not an actual decision they made...

Message 6 of 9 (134 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Just make him hit the ground faster I main Jak so that would be nice

Photobucket
Message 7 of 9 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Jan 9, 2013

sonicdude101 wrote:

Just make him hit the ground faster I main Jak so that would be nice

See this is the thing people and you don't see. They can't change his super to where as its not true to his series. His level 2 was meant to represent the series- Dark Jak transformation as he argss, then leaps then nails dark bomb slowly but effectively. The thing they have to change so the super stays true and relevant to the Jak series is by increasing the hitbox as my earlier point said. Needs more air coverage, which is something the series actually had.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 8 of 9 (109 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Here here. The jump should stay for authenticity's sake, if you've played Jak II/Jak 3. It just seems wrong for a game to be all about celebrating all these great characters' strengths, only to have Jak be 'powered down' so much. It's almost as if they decided that he was TOO strong or something.

Message 9 of 9 (96 Views)