Wastelander
587 posts

Re: I hate Kill Confirms

Feb 15, 2013

Soondragon76 wrote:
Kill confirms are a big part of strategy in 1v1. Once you learn how your opponents use them you will realize they are not actually that bad.

That's actually just adapting to bad circumstance.

Message 21 of 45 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Mogilicudi wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Mogilicudi wrote:

all the whining is super, super annoying.

Then why do you keep bothering to read it?

Man when i pull up the forums and the first thread is I hate Kill confirms... sorry could help but read it. It took about 10 seconds of my life away to open the page and read enough of the thread to form my reply. SO I bother to read it to improve this community since it obviously needs a little help along. 

who do you play as?
And in all honestly, i think kill confirms should be an all or nothing ordeal
Im fine with them being in the game, as long as every character has a reasonably good one
Not like Jak whos are incredibly situational and require perfect timing

Message 22 of 45 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Mogilicudi wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Mogilicudi wrote:

Man when i pull up the forums and the first thread is I hate Kill confirms... sorry could help but read it. It took about 10 seconds of my life away to open the page and read enough of the thread to form my reply. SO I bother to read it to improve this community since it obviously needs a little help along. 

We're pretty fine without you, actually. Feel free to go on your merry way.

Message 23 of 45 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Said it before and I'll say it again, IF they are going to keep confirms they need to make every character have a viable one. If the mechanic does not translate to all characters it will make the game lopsided because certain characters will have an easier time getting kills than others, which seems illogical to me considering getting kills is what determines the winner. I really wondered what went through the devs mind when they were making certain characters.

"You know what Raiden gains AP fast, he's pretty speedy too, you know what let's make it so he has quite a few confirms, only makes sense'

"Oh and Big Daddy, he's slow, he gains AP slowly, let's make it so he has some difficult confirms yes, yes indeed"

"Oh and sir Daniel, well to make him even more appealing since o one uses him already let's make his confirms virtually nonexistent, yes good balance we have here"

"While we're at it let's hand Fat Princess 50 confirms just to even it out."

I just don't understand the logic, why give Raiden so many yet Big Daddy so little, why give Fat Princess 50 yet make sir Daniel jump through hoops for one. It just makes no sense.
Message 24 of 45 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 15, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Mogilicudi wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Mogilicudi wrote:

We're pretty fine without you, actually. Feel free to go on your merry way.

Alright, i guess ill stop pokin my nose in your pity party threads from now on then.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 25 of 45 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Mogilicudi wrote:

If anyone dislikes kill confirms then ultimately you dislike this game and should stop playing it cuz all the whining is super, super annoying. Its like saying you hate FADC ultimate's in SF. This is a comboing game... just stop complaining about it all the freakin time and you won't get the "rage" you guys are thinking about. Thinking that a particular game mechanic as popular and well known as a kill confirm was unintended is also foolish. If you don't like sometihng in this game that much stop playin it guys, we won't miss ya. Go play smash so you don't have to worry about combos

Dude, by your logic since I don't like one mechanic in the game, I should go buy a Wii and get Smash. 

Nice

Message 26 of 45 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Feb 15, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:
Said it before and I'll say it again, IF they are going to keep confirms they need to make every character have a viable one. If the mechanic does not translate to all characters it will make the game lopsided because certain characters will have an easier time getting kills than others, which seems illogical to me considering getting kills is what determines the winner. I really wondered what went through the devs mind when they were making certain characters.

"You know what Raiden gains AP fast, he's pretty speedy too, you know what let's make it so he has quite a few confirms, only makes sense'

"Oh and Big Daddy, he's slow, he gains AP slowly, let's make it so he has some difficult confirms yes, yes indeed"

"Oh and sir Daniel, well to make him even more appealing since o one uses him already let's make his confirms virtually nonexistent, yes good balance we have here"

"While we're at it let's hand Fat Princess 50 confirms just to even it out."

I just don't understand the logic, why give Raiden so many yet Big Daddy so little, why give Fat Princess 50 yet make sir Daniel jump through hoops for one. It just makes no sense.

i know raidens are actually somehwhat accidental, because hes ment to be combo heavy, so lots of his moves knock opponents to their knees so he can follow up with other hits. They should make these moves have a LONG ending lag after, unless the player uses their normal attacks, so that players have time to escape from the super without killing raidens combos

Message 27 of 45 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Everyone complains about the balancing issue of this game but honestly don't have a clue. Look at actual tournament placings for 1v1... the supposed most broken game style for kill confirms. Sly finished second in one of the last 1v1 pasta league tournaments... and sly had the rep for the worst 1v1'er behind radec. There was also a spike that placed third. A big daddy was 5th or 6th. This game is incredibly balanced compared to other games imo

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 28 of 45 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2617 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Well I know Toro has a Kill Confirm, but I never used it since someone always interferes

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 29 of 45 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 15, 2013
I know that a vast majority of players have indeed adapted to getting around Kill Confirms. I have as well, to an extent. I still find it a terrible mechanic to have in this game.
Message 30 of 45 (93 Views)
0 Likes