Jan 22 2013
By: SonicMario123 Monster Hunter 31 posts
Accepted Solution

I got hate mail for playing as Kratos?

50 replies 1173 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

Ok. First off, I will point out that I do not spam with Kratos. I don't always use the chain grab becuase I know that the other players will find it iritating. I know that they're players that spam as Kratos, Sly Cooper, Radec and I feel really sorry for you guys if you keep losing to a bunch of spammers.

Now, I've recentley recieved a message from one of the players that I've been battling against and he/she said "F*** you, you spammer". I was literally like "What...the...f***!?", why do people judge me when I use Kratos!? I mean, i'm not like any of those other people that just press keep on mashing the square button all the time! 

Should I stop using Kratos? I don't want to because I'm a huge GOW fan, but I don't want to keep on recieving hate mail from those who find my fighting skills iritating. Again, I don't spam.

Can you guys help me? Please?

Kind regards,

Harmeet Heer

Message 1 of 51 (1,173 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: I got hate mail for playing as Kratos?

Jan 22, 2013
Just brush them off play whoever you wanna play yes you might receive hate mail but someone has to give kratos a good name you know.
Message 2 of 51 (1,167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Sadly, it's something that happens a fair amount. Pre-patch (have yet to see his usage after this patch, post-nerf), he was one of the most used characters in the game and one of the most heavily spammed, too.

Most likely, the person saw you not spamming, but saw Kratos and was instantly reminded of almost every other Kratos game and let off a little rage. I know the feeling, because I get the same. I main Radec and I'm constantly lumped with people who do nothing but sit back and spam Sniper.

As long as you know you don't spam, hold your head high, because you're better than them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I main Sir Daniel and Radec.
Wishes for Playstation AllStars? Mainly Scott Shelby.
Message 3 of 51 (1,161 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Jan 22, 2013

SonicMario123 wrote:

Ok. First off, I will point out that I do not spam with Kratos. I don't always use the chain grab becuase I know that the other players will find it iritating. I know that they're players that spam as Kratos, Sly Cooper, Radec and I feel really sorry for you guys if you keep losing to a bunch of spammers.

Now, I've recentley recieved a message from one of the players that I've been battling against and he/she said "F*** you, you spammer". I was literally like "What...the...f***!?", why do people judge me when I use Kratos!? I mean, i'm not like any of those other people that just press keep on mashing the square button all the time! 

Should I stop using Kratos? I don't want to because I'm a huge GOW fan, but I don't want to keep on recieving hate mail from those who find my fighting skills iritating. Again, I don't spam.

Can you guys help me? Please?

Kind regards,

Harmeet Heer

It's because you are not me. duh.

Only i may use Kratos.

Actually, scratch that, id rather him not be in the game period, the game only tarnishes the name of the good IP's included in it.

Message 4 of 51 (1,160 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jan 22, 2013
I actually like d to play as Kratoa cuz i loved all GOW games but he's simply Overpowered n overused so i stop using and i think most serious gamers did too..most Kratos remaining are casual gamers that spam so they've built a bad reputation for him
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 51 (1,156 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 22, 2013
The patch did basically nothing to Kratos.

In fact, I still see Kratos users spamming the homing chain and it's working just as well as before on my opponents.
Message 6 of 51 (1,147 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Thank you Smiley Wink You've been very helpful.

Message 7 of 51 (1,144 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Jan 22, 2013
i hear ya fellow kratos. he actually rips **bleep** up if you play him with all his moves. i might use his side square once or twice a match.

i main kratos and in terms of hate mail, why would you be affected by randoms online lol? keep up the good work and help us restore kratos's reputation (even tho that is pretty impossible in terms of the amount of spammers hah)

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 8 of 51 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jan 22, 2013

If you like playing as him, keep playing as him. As someone said earlier, someone needs to give Kratos a good name. Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I main Sir Daniel and Radec.
Wishes for Playstation AllStars? Mainly Scott Shelby.
Message 9 of 51 (1,129 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jan 22, 2013

What do you mean by "good name"?

Message 10 of 51 (1,120 Views)
0 Likes