Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: I dont use (long)combos, is it just me?

Apr 17, 2013

To be honest I hardly play as characters with great combos. The combos I use are like 3 hitters, such as Drakes down square, down square air side square.

Message 11 of 21 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I ALWAYS burst if I could.

Message 12 of 21 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I mainly use Jak, Sly, and Nariko.  Out of those three only Nariko has the best chance of pulling off a beast combo as it is better to just to land hits with Jak and Sly. 

Even at that, I have to get extremely lucky to pull some off.  I see that Raiden and Dante players have viable combos that they can always just try to hit those.  With Nariko, I could try the whole match and not successfully pull it off.  I just stick with trying to launch players in the air, neutral circle, and then forward triangle.  Trying to go fancy results in my getting my **bleep** beat. 

PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Message 13 of 21 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Pro Tip.

1v1, AP burst is a BAD BAD IDEA

If you burst, they also get 30 free AP.  If your good enough Dante, you can get 100+ AP combos without bursting.  After that, repeat, and you opponent gets no free AP off you.

Message 14 of 21 (131 Views)
Sackboy
384 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I don't always combo, but when I do, they're short.

Sir Dan's lvl 1/2 kill confirm is as complicated as it gets.
Message 15 of 21 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Doing an Ap burst combo on Kratos or Drake while playing as Dante its always stylish and beautiful Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 21 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2179 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Reptile-Baraka wrote:
I don't always combo, but when I do, they're short.

Sir Dan's lvl 1/2 kill confirm is as complicated as it gets.

Did it for ya

The Most Interesting Man In The World - I dont always combo but when i do, they are short combos

Message 17 of 21 (64 Views)
Wastelander
579 posts

Apr 18, 2013

That's why I play Isaac, Ratchet, and Radec now. All i gotta do is zone em out ^.^

PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 18 of 21 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Combo characters are SUPPOSED to combo, the others CAN (shorter combos) but don't have to. If you have the oppotunity to combo safely, then you'd be a fool not to. But just like there are setups to start a combo, u also have to SET UP THE "SET UP" in order to combo. Just because u (can) hit someone and start a combo, doesn't mean u can finish it if ur in the middle of the map during an FFA. Plus, most combos have to be shortened by doing an early launcher bcuz air combos are the safest way to combo unless u have a more efficient/shorter combo that can be done safely on ground - which by all means, go ahead and do. Otherwise, u will be spending most of ur time doing one-shots because they are the most efficient (safe, fast, good AP gain for one hit), and these usually blow characters across the map which isolate people and allow for situations to combo. Keep-aways want to hit from max range, short range characters can brawl in a bunch (which is best situation for keep-aways) or isolate into 1v1's to maximize damage. Others like kratos would like it keep it a brawl because he has massive range and can easily multi hit for hi AP gain, and obviously sly has a similar strategy but does not want to be in the thick of the brawl because he has no block or dodge. Ur job is to make it the ideal situation for ur character type ALL THE TIME, which means keep-aways want u to fight while they shoot, melees want (or should want to at least, if they are good and smart) to isolate into 1v1s (until one person realizes they dont know how to 1v1 and make it back into a brawl), and then there's kratos and sly who would want u all to bunch, although kratos can easily do 1v1s as well.

So in short: combo if ur a combo heavy character, otherwise dont. U can't just combo just because u see a split second opening. Lastly u should learn shorter, safer (usually best w/ a launcher), more efficient combos. And if you're combo is about to get interuppted, THEN STOP IT IN TIME AND DODGE the attack/super thats coming ur way, otherwise u just let kratos/raiden/dante hit u both at the same time with a combo, or some multi hit/aoe super give a multi kill. U should practice ur combos into muscle memory so u can focus on watching what's going on around u in case u need to stop the combo and dodge.

Sadly, there's lots of noobs out there that use every character like a one hit character and just brawl like mad... so use zeus or big daddy (super armor + aoe)

Why is Kratos OP? Think of everything I just mentioned above and now think of what Kratos is: He's a mid range, AOE, combo character with good super (spd n hit boxes), and ridiculously fast atk spd and recovery + a counter.

Message 19 of 21 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Cutscene_Dante wrote:
Yes, how dare I do a combo with a character who relies entirely on them.
I do not feel bad at all for people who complain about long combos. Not. At. All. >___>
Deal with it until it's over.

Dude, did you even read the thread? No one was complaining.

Message 20 of 21 (37 Views)
0 Likes