Sep 29 2012
By: ghost_nappa4 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

I dont trust this Sid guy..

29 replies 198 views Edited Sep 29, 2012

First comment on the ps blog comments this guy says "we'll keep you postedSmiley Happy" in response to a fan asking about more character announcements then later says that the lanch lineup has been announced. That means dlc or this guy is a troll

This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 1 of 30 (198 Views)
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Re: I dont trust this Sid guy..

Sep 29, 2012
Who knows what they're doing, im not coming back till a new character is announced or something
Message 2 of 30 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 29, 2012

inb4 "Sid is clearly the most known person in the Sony industry ever, gawd. He's like, as known as Nintendo's Reggie!"

Message 3 of 30 (190 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

Sid is clearly the most known person in the Sony industry ever, gawd. He's like, as known as Nintendo's Reggie!

jokes aside isn't he part of sony though?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 4 of 30 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Sep 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

inb4 "Sid is clearly the most known person in the Sony industry ever, gawd. He's like, as known as Nintendo's Reggie!"

My Comment is Ready. I will say something generic like "Stay tuned"! My comment is ready XD Think it will catch on guys? lol

http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 5 of 30 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I don't trust Paul Gale!

neogaf guy:
I do frequent voice work with many of the teams at Sony and two of my good friends were part of the layoff, hence how I know about any of this.

It's a sad situation that was never really explained publicly but it's important to consider when you look at the current state of PSASBR pre-launch hype.

Long story short, Superbot and SCEA signed agreements with each of the third parties providing characters for All Stars (specifically Raiden and Dante) that their characters would be revealed "to best accommodate the needs" of the character's developers.

Dante and Raiden were each supposed to get character reveals trailers akin to the Sonic in Smash Bros trailer; the trailer would act as both hype for a new All Star and hype for their upcoming game (Revegance). These were gentleman's agreements. Once the leak happened, Superbot and SCEA went into panic mode and realized that the majority of their work on the title was just given an early blow-out, potentially killing any sort of carefully timed pre-launch hype.

In order to continue hype, SCEA's marketing team contacted Paul Gale, who first revealed the game on his blog as "Title Fight". Realizing that he could be used as a scapegoat for false advertising, they bribed him (though the extent of which is something I do not know the specifics of) and told him to quote "go nuts".

Realizing a potential destruction of his reputation if done incorrectly, Gale carefully timed out "leaks" and "teases" and purposely laced them with vague and false information in order to pump the fan base up for release.

Flashforward to about three weeks ago, SCEJ catches wind of Platinum's video interview where they openly bash the title, the way it's being handled (since they never got a full reveal akin to what Superbot and SCEA promised for Raiden) and do nothing to quiet or combat Kamiya's Twitter statement that the game is "a Smash Bros. rip-off".

SCEJ then sent an executive decision SCEA's way to make "necessary re-arrangements" of the marketing and PR team in North America and directly urged Superbot to begin development on downloadable content that lines up with the fake leaks in order to keep good will with their early consumers who are obviously informed of leaks and rumors long before release.

While the Sony PR firings had a lot to do with the way the holiday line-up was presented at TGS, the PSASBR issues acted as a major catalyst to the decision.

It's worth nothing that all but three of the SCEA PR and marketing staff originally assigned to PS All Stars is still working on the project. The others were either fired during the post-TGS lay-offs or were assigned to new projects.

Message 6 of 30 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

He's Sony's blog manager. Corporate blog managers have almost as much importance as a programmer for HTML coding; basically, they get paid about as much as the janitor.

EDIT: By the way, that NeoGAF thing was proven false.

Message 7 of 30 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Sep 29, 2012

joblade wrote:

Sid is clearly the most known person in the Sony industry ever, gawd. He's like, as known as Nintendo's Reggie!

jokes aside isn't he part of sony though?

He should tell us about the games Agent, GOW:A, LBP Karting Boss stage, The last of us ending, beyond two souolds ending, and all that other stuff. He knows everything about all of the games sony has coming out. He even knows about the GTA5 ending.

/s

http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 8 of 30 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Re: I don't trust this Sid guy..

Sep 29, 2012

Well I don't follow ps blogs outside this one so idk who this Sid guy is, but that does sound a little suspicious. I also hate the way he said it so casually, did he not realize that he just dropped a massive bomb shell. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 9 of 30 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Sep 29, 2012

DisturbedSavio wrote:

I don't trust Paul Gale!

neogaf guy:
I do frequent voice work with many of the teams at Sony and two of my good friends were part of the layoff, hence how I know about any of this.

It's a sad situation that was never really explained publicly but it's important to consider when you look at the current state of PSASBR pre-launch hype.

Long story short, Superbot and SCEA signed agreements with each of the third parties providing characters for All Stars (specifically Raiden and Dante) that their characters would be revealed "to best accommodate the needs" of the character's developers.

Dante and Raiden were each supposed to get character reveals trailers akin to the Sonic in Smash Bros trailer; the trailer would act as both hype for a new All Star and hype for their upcoming game (Revegance). These were gentleman's agreements. Once the leak happened, Superbot and SCEA went into panic mode and realized that the majority of their work on the title was just given an early blow-out, potentially killing any sort of carefully timed pre-launch hype.

In order to continue hype, SCEA's marketing team contacted Paul Gale, who first revealed the game on his blog as "Title Fight". Realizing that he could be used as a scapegoat for false advertising, they bribed him (though the extent of which is something I do not know the specifics of) and told him to quote "go nuts".

Realizing a potential destruction of his reputation if done incorrectly, Gale carefully timed out "leaks" and "teases" and purposely laced them with vague and false information in order to pump the fan base up for release.

Flashforward to about three weeks ago, SCEJ catches wind of Platinum's video interview where they openly bash the title, the way it's being handled (since they never got a full reveal akin to what Superbot and SCEA promised for Raiden) and do nothing to quiet or combat Kamiya's Twitter statement that the game is "a Smash Bros. rip-off".

SCEJ then sent an executive decision SCEA's way to make "necessary re-arrangements" of the marketing and PR team in North America and directly urged Superbot to begin development on downloadable content that lines up with the fake leaks in order to keep good will with their early consumers who are obviously informed of leaks and rumors long before release.

While the Sony PR firings had a lot to do with the way the holiday line-up was presented at TGS, the PSASBR issues acted as a major catalyst to the decision.

It's worth nothing that all but three of the SCEA PR and marketing staff originally assigned to PS All Stars is still working on the project. The others were either fired during the post-TGS lay-offs or were assigned to new projects.

I believe that was proven false if you keep reading on neogaf you will know why here is a quote

"I got a PM from someone who works for Superbot who will remain unnamed. He says the source's claims are false."

It is from kagari people are listening to this person even the person that wrote the quote you just mentioned.

but at this point I don't know what's fake anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 10 of 30 (151 Views)
0 Likes