Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
7044 posts

Re: I can't believe it but I LIKE SLY!!!!

Feb 4, 2013

They never really mentioned jak and daxter as a major franchise for ps2 although they did say that jak was a mascot four Sony 

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Check out the sly cartoon it's funny as has successfully made me want thieves in time also I never really use his invisibility besides to hide in level threes
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3231 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Gdgt-Wdgt wrote:
I like playing as Sly too, but I hardly (if ever) use his invisibility. I just go up and front with attacking.

Also, I really want to get Thieves of Time this month. It just looks so cool.

Its coming out this tuesday!

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF7 Dirge of Cerberus, Persona Series, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Megaman 10, Infamous Second Son, SMT Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. The Soulless Army
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3231 posts

Feb 4, 2013

lxhizy wrote:

i've never played any sly cooper game, are they good? I just watched a sly collection yesterday and it was really cheap! i'm going to buy it after the ratchet and clank collection i think, **bleep** playstation, your brawl is working

0_0 You have never played a sly game?!?!?!? Wow.  Ya they are very good games.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF7 Dirge of Cerberus, Persona Series, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Megaman 10, Infamous Second Son, SMT Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. The Soulless Army
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I just have to press L1 all the time and spam the teleport / forward triangle / neutral circle / land mine, right?

You just named all the cheap moves Sly does, which in turn makes everyone your enemy. Good job.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Feb 5, 2013

XxJRodrigoxX wrote:
I just have to press L1 all the time and spam the teleport / forward triangle / neutral circle / land mine, right?

You just named all the cheap moves Sly does, which in turn makes everyone your enemy. Good job.

can you explain why?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2126 posts

Feb 5, 2013
you'll probably start receiving the hate mail soon enough but many MANY people dislike Sly and it isn't a surprise that you like him, many others do.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18811 posts

Feb 5, 2013

lxhizy wrote:

XxJRodrigoxX wrote:

can you explain why?

It's easy to spam with Sly (as it is with many other characters), but perhaps even moreso with Sly because he has no significant combos. 

To be a truely good Sly player, without spamming, you will have to learn the different tricks, such as the barrel can reflect 99% of projectiles. To effectively use the counter, learn to predict players and their moves. For example, if you get ejected and land near a player by themselves, they will almost always attack you. So be sure to press neutural circle!

I've seen a Sly player jump in the air, get in the barrel, and come down on a brawl, and then blow up the barrel right above the brawl to break it up, without getting into it. I find down square ususally works just as good. 

Speaking of down square, I like to do down square while on the ground to trip players, then immediately do side triangle to launch them away.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (29 Views)
0 Likes