Apr 18 2013
By: Reptile-Baraka Sackboy 384 posts

I asked "Joakim Mogren" about the possibility of Snake coming to All-Stars a while back.

[ Edited ]
10 replies 464 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

So, as many of you know, "Joakim Mogren" was a ruse to keep us guessing on the next MGS.  I'm not positive who this "Mogren" was, whether he be someone closely related to the project, or actually Kojima.

So I decided to ask him if there were any exclusivity deals regarding Snake and Raiden with their respective crossovers and whether or not we could see them in the opposite game.  Now, still being in the guise of Mogren, he gave me an answer that was more like someone who just knew a lot about it, but now that we know he's legitimitely connected to MGS, take the answer as you wish.  I'm not confirming anything.

" I've not read anything about that. I would think maybe, but only for a set amount of years, however Kojima approached Nintendo to ask for Snake to be in SSBB; he wanted Snake to be in SSBMelee but he was too late in asking. 
You should also keep in mind that Playstation All Stars was pretty much just "Look at all these games that are going to be for sale in the next 3 months! Also, Ape Escape and Parappa!" rather than anything that was meant to be a celebration of actual characters or fighting games. The whole thing was a marketing stunt that made Playstation money....I would say Snake: Likely, Raiden: Maybe not so much. But ten again, I have no idea about any exclusive deals. Surely it'd only last a year or two anyway, if there were."

Link to his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mobydickstudios

Scroll to his post about the MGS2 ringtone and open the comments.

Message 1 of 11 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Re: I asked "Joakim Mogren" about the possibility of Snake coming to All-Stars a while bac

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Funny he should say it's just a marketing stunt when he wouldn't let snake in because he wanted the NEW raiden in instead.  But i hope that "likely" means we'll see big boss soon Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 11 (446 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Re: I asked "Joakim Mogren" about the possibility of Snake coming to All-Stars a while bac

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

"Look at all these games that are going to be for sale in the next 3 months! Also, Ape Escape and Parappa! Not forgetting Cole, Radec, Kat, Emmett, Fat Princess, Toro and many more that don't have games coming out in the next 3 months."

I see his point.....

Why does this seems like a fangirl wrote it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 11 (406 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Apr 18, 2013

wwinterj wrote:

"Look at all these games that are going to be for sale in the next 3 months! Also, Ape Escape and Parappa! Not forgetting Cole, Radec, Kat, Emmett, Fat Princess, Toro and many more that don't have games coming out in the next 3 months."

I see his point.....

Why does this seems like a fangirl wrote it?

Well let's take a look at some of these. I know I'm pushing it a bit with some but there is some marketing in other characters.

Radec: New Killzone for PS4

Coles: New game for PS4 (they aren't in it but boy will it remind people of a favorite game)

PaRappa: A bit after the game came out, the original voice actor for PaRappa was trying to rally people to get another PaRappa game made.

Sir Dan: His stage and his character are almost entirely based on the game remake with only ONE move from his true second game.

Raiden: Obvious

Isaac: obvious

Zeus: Obvious

Big Daddy: Obvious

Toro: There have been rumors about a Toro game being brought to the US actually. So this could have been a way to introduce more American players

Dante: Obvious

There might be more. I know there are other random rumors about games getting sequels and such. This whole thing could have been a way to remind of of some characters so we'd go buy their new games and nothing more :/

Message 4 of 11 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Sorry to burst your bubble but I believe that is a fan page.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 5 of 11 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Apr 18, 2013

littlejcr wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but I believe that is a fan page.

Yeah, it outright says that on some of the posts.

NS.png

Message 6 of 11 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
384 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Umm, I understand the "Joyi" person being not being "Mogren", but prior to that, and afterwards Mogren is Mogren.

Like I said though, I don't know who was the one using the guise of Mogren, whether it be Kojima, someone close to the project, or just some random homeboy. It seems as though it's not a random person, as they wouldn't be saying things like "See you at GDC!" if they didn't at least have some credibility.

But like I said, take it as you will. You don't have to believe, but it's quite less erroneous than some of the other "Hints" around these parts.
Message 7 of 11 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Apr 18, 2013

"Look at all these games that are going to be for sale in the next 3 months!

Isnt it the same with ssb? Mario, check, zelda, check, metroid, check...the list goes on

Message 8 of 11 (256 Views)
Sackboy
384 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Aquoon wrote:

"Look at all these games that are going to be for sale in the next 3 months!

Isnt it the same with ssb? Mario, check, zelda, check, metroid, check...the list goes on

C. Falcon's really the only one who's not/was not having anything come out.

Message 9 of 11 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Yeah... This doesn't hint at anything and it's not even a credible source.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 10 of 11 (240 Views)
0 Likes