Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
48 posts

Re: I Think This Needs to be Said.

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

I think some people have taken their own personal nostalgia and let it blind them towards reason. A lot of people say they do not wish for the current roster because the current roster does not deserve it, but then with how popular the games the character are from are then of course people are going to want said characters so they wouldn't be happy unless if they were in.

I have never played Uncharted or GoW (well, much at least) or Heavenly Sword or Fat Princess or LBP or Killzone (like, a couple minutes, was not my copy) or ape escape or Parappa the Rapper or even Twisted Metal (well, I tried one demo, years back. Barely remember anything about it)

Edit: Forgot to put the point I was working towards with the last mini-paragraph/run-on sentence/list. While I haven't played those games, I can still see why they are represented here, and they need to be.

But you know what? with the characters I do know and have heard about, I still want this game. Not because 'zomg me favvit character is in!!' because my favorite characters are not in this, but there are characters I like and remember in it and I especially like what this game represents. Once this game has had success, then it will come back with dlc and sequels to provide us with more characters, and hopefully it will be great the entire time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laharl

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 48 (131 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I was one of the ppl who thought, this game is bull***" i dont want "nintendo like games" in my ps3.

But then sony said "cross-buy" so i want this game just because i dont have enough fighting games in my ps vita, and besides that "it's free"...... naaa I think the roster is "ok" or at least "close enough".

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 48 (96 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Oct 9, 2012

TONESTER_925 wrote:

What are the PROBLEMS with this game? Is it a PROBLEM because gameplay elements/mechanics breaking the essence of this potential great game or because people want things that aren't realistic?

I for one have an opened mind when it comes to gaming as everyone should have. It's a video game nothing more nothing less. But, what I fail to realize is (this isn't my first forum I've been on. I was a member of the Natural Motion Backbreaker Football forum and everything seems the same everywhere I go) with all the hardwork and dedication that the devs are putting in this game AND it shows through gameplay videos and beta sessions, where's all of this hate coming from.

Why must gamers complain about things so microscopic and make them into these huge arguments? Such as Dante being the "New" one. Omar stated that this decision wasn't his, but Ninja Theory's. THEY wanted the "New" Dante in. Everyone cries about how they believe this game is just for promotion of new games when gamers fail to use their brains and think about everything that is going on with the development. 

SuperBot suggest characters, the publisher of that character says "I want them in your game BUT they have to be this way." SuperBot puts creates them basically with someone looking over their shoulder making sure every detail is correct, then they announce the character to the public.... Come to the forums and "AAAHHHH WOW! WE DON'T WANT HIM!, THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE GARBAGE, SUPERBOT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE GAMES" and all these other complaints. 

How do you all think that makes them feel. I'm sure they're working Overtime X4 AP making this game and then come back to hate. 

The SSBB X PSASBR comparisons are good as long as it constructive critisizm. These threads are not helping the Devs at all! That's what this forum is all about. Voicing our opinion, constructive critisizm, gaining others interest in this game (I've seen new people DOGGED by people on this forum)

I would type more but I think most would get the picture if you read all the way through. Sorry for typing so much but this forum irks my nerves and I know the SuperBot crew donesn't like coming here lol

because this game completly misses the point of being an ALLSTAR game. Characters no one wanted, before they were announced. Weird,obscure characters, very obvious advertisment characters, low roster count, meh gameplay,. THis game is going to blow. At least street fighter x tekken had the big TEKKEN and STREET FIGHTER characters/. dont sit there and say 80% of this roster are allstars and are worthy to be in a playstation allstar game BAH

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 48 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Oct 9, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

TONESTER_925 wrote:

What are the PROBLEMS with this game? Is it a PROBLEM because gameplay elements/mechanics breaking the essence of this potential great game or because people want things that aren't realistic?

I for one have an opened mind when it comes to gaming as everyone should have. It's a video game nothing more nothing less. But, what I fail to realize is (this isn't my first forum I've been on. I was a member of the Natural Motion Backbreaker Football forum and everything seems the same everywhere I go) with all the hardwork and dedication that the devs are putting in this game AND it shows through gameplay videos and beta sessions, where's all of this hate coming from.

Why must gamers complain about things so microscopic and make them into these huge arguments? Such as Dante being the "New" one. Omar stated that this decision wasn't his, but Ninja Theory's. THEY wanted the "New" Dante in. Everyone cries about how they believe this game is just for promotion of new games when gamers fail to use their brains and think about everything that is going on with the development. 

SuperBot suggest characters, the publisher of that character says "I want them in your game BUT they have to be this way." SuperBot puts creates them basically with someone looking over their shoulder making sure every detail is correct, then they announce the character to the public.... Come to the forums and "AAAHHHH WOW! WE DON'T WANT HIM!, THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE GARBAGE, SUPERBOT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE GAMES" and all these other complaints. 

How do you all think that makes them feel. I'm sure they're working Overtime X4 AP making this game and then come back to hate. 

The SSBB X PSASBR comparisons are good as long as it constructive critisizm. These threads are not helping the Devs at all! That's what this forum is all about. Voicing our opinion, constructive critisizm, gaining others interest in this game (I've seen new people DOGGED by people on this forum)

I would type more but I think most would get the picture if you read all the way through. Sorry for typing so much but this forum irks my nerves and I know the SuperBot crew donesn't like coming here lol

because this game completly misses the point of being an ALLSTAR game. Characters no one wanted, before they were announced. Weird,obscure characters, very obvious advertisment characters, low roster count, meh gameplay,. THis game is going to blow. At least street fighter x tekken had the big TEKKEN and STREET FIGHTER characters/. dont sit there and say 80% of this roster are allstars and are worthy to be in a playstation allstar game BAH

Oh shut the f**ck up. I honestly dont know why you still come on this fourm and try to make people miserable just because this game didnt live up to your standars. You make me embrassed to be a gamer honestly

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 48 (87 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

@SniperWolf

Then don't buy it.  Let the rest of us have fun without your comments and hate.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 48 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Thank you for posting the greatest thread on this forum ever.
This is the epitome of how I feel about the majority of gamers right now. It's my biggest irk, and I've been wanting to make a thread like this for a while.
I love you sir. Glad to know there's still gamers who know how to appreciate developers and their hard work.
I will be adding you on PSN.
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 48 (61 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

SniperWolf you werent very good at the beta huh? I like the characters. And theres a ton of allstars minus a couple I would have liked to of seen but whatever there are plenty of all stars.
This game has excellent mechanics and a decently fast paced strategical style. I love the gameplay but again im sure you're just as bad at this as you are at every other fighter especially smash. They were made to use new dante to **bleep** off with this advertisement **bleep**. Raiden is sick as hell and snake was already in a party brawler. The only non ps all star is big daddy and princess. 

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 48 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1673 posts

Oct 11, 2012

So you're complaining...about people complaining.

Okay...first of all, people pay their hard earned money for the game, and for the hardware that they need to use the game (READ: console, TV, mic, accessories, etc).  People pay all this money because they're expecting a good and fun experience.

When they don't get that, it's their right to complain.  Some of the things they complain about may be miniscule, some may be huge and some people may just complain about so many different things that it seems like they're just not happy unless they have something to complain about...and that may be entirely the case.

But the fact is that if someone buys a product or even takes time to use a free product, with the expectation of a certain level of enjoyment on their part, then it is their right to voice any grievances they may have.  Honestly, for people who may be looking to buy or invest time in a product with the same expectations, it's almost a moral obligation of people to speak up and say, "Hey, this isn't the experience I was led to believe I would have.  These are the reasons." so that other people can be informed consumers and make informed purchases or not purchase something based on said information.

When you come on here and complain about complainers complaining...well up front there's a certain level of hypocrisy to that, and sure some people can spin words and phrases to create subtext that they'd hope would save them from looking like a hypocrite, but strip away all the justification and the rhetoric itself is still hypocritical just the same.  Which makes all the internet applause that a post like this gets even more funny.  Noone gets more Kudos than a well spoken, well spun hypocrite, right?

But the other thing here is...why do you care?  If you like the game, and you've decided to live with its faults and live with its warts, then fine.  Why is it tho that you feel the need to come here and write some condescending jumble of text that only tries to say bad things about the people who don't share your opinion?

Are you just some intense fanboy that feels the need to defend this game's honor before the wrath of the internet?

Is it because deep down inside, you feel the same way about the game but have fooled yourself into thinking otherwise and therefore do not wish people to continue to voice the feelings that you so desperately try to suppress?

Is it because your life is meaningless and you really have nothing better to do than to be a condescending, hypocritical, judgemental internet tough guy?

Is it because you work for the dev team and you don't like when people criticize all of your hard work?

Listen...making games is hard work.  I get that.  I appreciate that.  However, I don't care how hard the devs work.  If I pay for a game and it sucks...I'm telling them about it.  If they have a problem with that, then maybe they should do a better job next time.  If you have a problem with that...then that's exactly what it is:  Your Problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 48 (30 Views)
0 Likes