Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: I Love You Superbot, But You Suck.

Sep 29, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
It's not SuperBot who advertises a Sony-owned IP. It's Sony. Hence why Resistance 3 never got advertised. Or why Uncharted was never really advertised nearly as much as it should've been. Or why God of War is rarely advertised. Or why inFAMOUS was never advertised (from what I'd seen). Or why no R&C game since Going Commando was advertised (not sure why they even advertised the first two). I can keep going.

Not just advertising, but superbot can't do reveals, can't control leaks, and can't maintain balance and prevent uproars and everyone hating their game.

SuperBot DOESN'T ADVERTISE.  NO DEVELOPER OF A SONY-EXCLUSIVE TITLE IS EVER IN CHARGE OF ADVERTISING.  Otherwise I can guarantee that Insomniac would advertise R&C and Resistance, ND with Uncharted and TLoU,  SP with inFAMOUS, etc.  Controlling leaks is a problem for literally every fighting game dev.  Wasn't the Mortal Kombat 9 roster leaked months in advance, as well?  I'm not sure what you mean by maintain balance, but if you're talking gameplay, I'd disagree.  If you're talking morale, I can agree.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 31 of 42 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
It's not SuperBot who advertises a Sony-owned IP. It's Sony. Hence why Resistance 3 never got advertised. Or why Uncharted was never really advertised nearly as much as it should've been. Or why God of War is rarely advertised. Or why inFAMOUS was never advertised (from what I'd seen). Or why no R&C game since Going Commando was advertised (not sure why they even advertised the first two). I can keep going.

Not just advertising, but superbot can't do reveals, can't control leaks, and can't maintain balance and prevent uproars and everyone hating their game.

SuperBot DOESN'T ADVERTISE.  NO DEVELOPER OF A SONY-EXCLUSIVE TITLE IS EVER IN CHARGE OF ADVERTISING.  Otherwise I can guarantee that Insomniac would advertise R&C and Resistance, ND with Uncharted and TLoU,  SP with inFAMOUS, etc.  Controlling leaks is a problem for literally every fighting game dev.  Wasn't the Mortal Kombat 9 roster leaked months in advance, as well?  I'm not sure what you mean by maintain balance, but if you're talking gameplay, I'd disagree.  If you're talking morale, I can agree.

That's what I mean they might not advertise, but they still can't control the reveals and leaks. And I mean balance as in the fine line between hype, contraversy and raged uproar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 32 of 42 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I can agree with that, but I also feel obligated to give reason behind that. Controversy is inevitable with a "Smash Clone" (you know how I feel about that name, but for argument's sake roll with me) game, especially one that people have wanted for years. Hype has been with this game since before PG ever talked about it, and raged uproar was inevitable because of the same reason as controversy.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 33 of 42 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I can agree with that, but I also feel obligated to give reason behind that. Controversy is inevitable with a "Smash Clone" (you know how I feel about that name, but for argument's sake roll with me) game, especially one that people have wanted for years. Hype has been with this game since before PG ever talked about it, and raged uproar was inevitable because of the same reason as controversy.

Contraversy as in "Why wasn't anything revealed at TGS?" It makes people think a big move is comeing, but the when you don't reveal anything again it makes people angry and unsure and they loose trust. Then when someone says that all the characters have been announced people get extremlly angry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 34 of 42 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7447 posts

Sep 29, 2012

pb_mal wrote:
Super, I'll argue with you because you came at op like a coward

I'm a coward because I didn't want an argument to start? Ha ha,you serious?

NNID&PSN: SuperPiposaru 3DS FC: 0920-1213-3452

SuperPiposaru.png

Message 35 of 42 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7447 posts

Sep 29, 2012

pb_mal wrote:
Super, I'll argue with you because you came at op like a coward

I'm a coward because I didn't want an argument to start? Ha ha,you serious?

SuperPiposaru.png

Message 36 of 42 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7447 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

Sorry,I've had a bad day of ONLY 20 chars,WAT,and I cancel me pra eoder becase 20 chars Smiley Indifferent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDHBuksvoUo&feature=BFa&list=LLbyRsVM2UbHVpK4HZaDBELA Here,have some music

toro cat Pictures, Images and Photos

SuperPiposaru.png

Message 37 of 42 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

whoa super listen to how mad you are !!!! lol 

for once we agree pb_mal Smiley Very Happy kudos to you Lolol

photo 2014-07-22-060145.jpg
Message 38 of 42 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I will absolutely NOT buy this game unless they actually add spyro, lara , cloud, or anybody that's big from PS1. That console was major to me growing up, and I'd love to see more of the PS1s characters, besides who is already there. The roster is crap: Big Daddy is from XBOX originally!!!!!!! Why does he make sense in place of a good PS1 character!?!? Cole and Evil Cole is stupid, especially that they are two different characters and eat up an extra roster slot, Fat Princess.......really? REALLY? Heihachi? That idiot belongs here? Sly Cooper? Ok, he's not that bad...but Raiden? Toro!?!!?!? What a crap roster...I REALLY hope that the 20 characters is a lie, but otherwise I'll gladly pass this game up.
Message 39 of 42 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7447 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

Hero_of_winds wrote:

whoa super listen to how mad you are !!!! lol 

for once we agree pb_mal Smiley Very Happy kudos to you Lolol

*Insert I ain't even mad gif* But no,you see that picture of toro up there?

He makes me calm Smiley Very Happy

SuperPiposaru.png

Message 40 of 42 (48 Views)
0 Likes