Dec 27 2012
By: pmarc82 Lombax Warrior 133 posts

I Give Up Until...

[ Edited ]
17 replies 544 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

Well I tried to get to a black belt and mind you im not that good so that's a pretty big ambition for me lol. Im giving up my pursuit of the black belt simply because of the sore losers. Here is the thing, the higher points you get and the higher belt you achieve, the more skilled opponents you end up facing. The problem is, I hate to generalized, but these so call higher skilled players have a tendency of ragequitting. Maybe that's their way of keeping their belt/high scores or hate losing...who knows, bottom line is that the constant ragequitting (lost connection to host error) is messing it up for other people and makes the whole black belt marathon pointless. 

Here is an example... Well before that here is a quick rundown on how I play. I always keep track or at least try my best to keep track of the person with the most kills. At this point there are only two options: (1) go after him for the rest of the match to kill him as much as possible and make his high kills meaningless, or (2) try to get as much kills or more than him while avoiding getting killed. Sound simple right. So yesterday I manage to go to overtime in FFA while following option (1). It was even more exciting because I manage to get 4 kills without dying. Only 10 seconds left so im excited and running away to keep my highest score. Next thing I know the guy stayed idle while the other 3 including myself is running around the screen...and BAM lost connection to host. That win was taken away from me along with the desire to go after the black belt. 

I could be wrong, but I only have that connection error when fighting people with purple, brown, and black belts. Rarely happened when im up against people with blue or green belts. That's why I am assuming people with higher belts are protecting their points by ragequitting when the match is not going their way.

Until SuperBot implement some type of host migration system, I will play this game only for fun and not care about titles or belts. I know some of you work really hard on achieving the brown/black belts... and im sure you put in a lot of hours to get that high, especially the ones with... well you know crappier characters. Kudos to you all. To those who like to ragequit for whatever reasons, know that your selfishness do not only affect you. You are ruining the fun and experience for other people as well. After all this is just a game, it's not like you get a paycheck for keeping your highest scores anyway.

SuperBot if there is a slight chance of you reading this, please consider implementing some type of host migration system to enhanced the experience for everybody else. We simply can't change people, and no amount of thread or salty messages will have an impact. If anything that will only encourage them to ragequit even more, but you have the power to change that and make a difference.

Message 1 of 18 (544 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Re: I Give Up Until...

Dec 27, 2012
What annoys me is the drastic loss in BP if you lose a match. I don't rage quit (anymore), but it peeves me off that you can gain like only 2-3 BP, then lose 8-12 BP if you lost. I wish they'd fix that :/
 photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 2 of 18 (522 Views)
I Only Post Everything
939 posts

Dec 27, 2012

yeah I hope they add penalties but not to those who loose connection due to errors.

www.facebook.com/SonyTitleFight
 photo 893036_607240892638255_764515088_o1_zpsdc2e5a86.jpg
Message 3 of 18 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Dec 27, 2012
^yes. My friend and I faced a Sweet Tooth/Evil Cole team. The first time they won. The second and third time they rage quitted, and WE lost like 10 BP, it was stupid.
 photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 4 of 18 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4394 posts

Dec 27, 2012

That's right. Ragequitting penalty is certainly not harsh enough, but first thing first, fix the host migration.

KMart0002 wrote:
What annoys me is the drastic loss in BP if you lose a match. I don't rage quit (anymore), but it peeves me off that you can gain like only 2-3 BP, then lose 8-12 BP if you lost. I wish they'd fix that :/

http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/37845164344/belt-progression

The link should explain why.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 5 of 18 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

You actually lose points when you quit or get disconnected. 

I tend to lose more when I get disconnected. o.o

If you want to get a black belt just get on a spam friendly character. Easiest way to rank..................

Message 6 of 18 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Dec 27, 2012

I have Purple Belt BP 50 

Message 7 of 18 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Dec 27, 2012

I stopped as soon as I reach Purple, myself (54). 

I figured trying to go any higher wouldn't be worth the frustration. 

Message 8 of 18 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Dec 27, 2012

This is why I don't play Ranked. I also have a habit of ragequitting sometimes, so quiting a Ranked match isn't too good (or a lot if I'm in a bad mood, but when I am, I try to stay away from online). As soon as I got to Red belt in FFA and Purple in 2v2 (Crimson Guard title ftw!), I went to Quick match.

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Message 9 of 18 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Ragna357 wrote:

This is why I don't play Ranked. I also have a habit of ragequitting sometimes, so quiting a Ranked match isn't too good (or a lot if I'm in a bad mood, but when I am, I try to stay away from online). As soon as I got to Red belt in FFA and Purple in 2v2 (Crimson Guard title ftw!), I went to Quick match.

But quick matches don't pop as often. 

Message 10 of 18 (350 Views)
0 Likes