Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Hype is Gone

Oct 4, 2012

pb_mal wrote:
I agree that the lineup so far isnt what I want at all, but I thought we were still expecting 6-8 characters. Was it confirmed no more reveals?

this is just for now lol we dont know if we will be

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 31 of 78 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
1360 posts
 

Re: Hype is Gone

Oct 4, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:
I laughed at not good enough characters

Okay, what characters where a awesome suprise to you besides Sir Dan.

 


Spike, Parappa, Nariko, Big Daddy, Both Coles, Sweet Tooth, Dante, Toro, Drake. <--- They surprised me and put me in awe. Any others I already had a good feeling would be in.  10/20 that surprised me, sounds pretty good to me.  


Most people don't know who Parrapa is, Spike sure but game has a small fanbase, Big Daddy **bleep** off tons of people, so did both Coles also was a predictable character, Sweet Tooth predictable, Dante **bleep** almost everyone off, No one in N.A knows who Toro is, Drake evreyone knew he was going to be in.

 


Now if I read your question correctly, you asked me which characters surprised and awed me. I listed them and you point out that MY opinion is apparently faulty because they don't line up with other people's opinions? Who are you to say they don't count as a surprise to other people? How can you speak for everyone? Are you omniescent? Is a little bit of you in everyone so you can justify all opinion? Don't go asking questions like that when you know you're just gonna shoot down anyone who opposes it with something they regard as the truth. I'm not speaking for everyone, I'm speaking for myself. Thank you very much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 78 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
2571 posts
 

Re: Hype is Gone

Oct 4, 2012

pb_mal wrote:
Can anyone answer my question?

I don't know but since it's so close to the release I'm assuming that this is the final roster.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 33 of 78 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Hype is Gone

Oct 4, 2012

Blood-Knight7 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Blood-Knight7 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Blood-Knight7 wrote:
LOL at no hype. Yesterday I went to an Sony event and they had allstars . It was the most played game there and all you can hear is 'This game is going to be awesome" or "I can't wait to play as X" You know why? Cause they had fun with the game its self despite having 10 characters and a earlier version. A game should be enjoyed because of good gameplay not because who is in the game or who is not.

which 10 were playable?! Smiley Surprised

 

Kratos, Sly, Fat Princess, Prappa, Radec, Sweet Tooth, Drake, Big Daddy, Toro and Heiachi. The vita version had Jak and Cole but I didn't get the chance to play it. 

 


**bleep**Smiley Happy how was drake, big daddy, toro and heihachi if you played as them? Havent heard too much on them (well people talking about how they play, heard a bit about big daddy though)

 

I got the chance to play all of them. Heihachi is my fav out of the 10 his combos are kinda like how they work in Tekken. Toro is kinda hard to use cause if his stance system but pretty fun. Drake is fun as well and he has one of the best lvl 1 in the game. Big Daddy i didn't like because he is kinda slow and i dont like slow char in fighting games but he is intresting.

 


niceSmiley Very Happy sounds pretty great Smiley Happy

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 34 of 78 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
1401 posts
 

Re: Hype is Gone

Oct 4, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

This game for me has gone from "OH MY GOD!! I can't wait for this game it's going to be sick!!" to "It'll be alright". Superbot has made a game with great gameplay, and flow, but they fail in everything else, they suck and I mean absolutly SUCK at selecting characters because no one in this game makes me or anyone wants to buy the game just because that character is in it except for Sir Dan but not even he is enough. Sony is doing a  terrible job advertising this game, possibly one of the worst advertised "big games' I've ever seen. So in the long run this game will fail because of 3 things.

 

1. Not enough good characters and selection, unacceptible for what a PS3 system can handle

2. No hype at all, Superbot really **bleep** up on their reveals big time, they were poorly spaced and there hasn't been one in forever now, honestly I barley give a **bleep** about this game anymore.

3. lack of advertising, this kind of goes with no hype, but nobody knows who any of these characters are.

 

I'm buying this game, I will enjoy this game, but other people won't buy this game, and other people will not enjoy it.

Maybe Superbot is bringing down the hype so people won't be dissapointed and bash the game upon its release.

 

edit: profanity removed


1. What? It's 20 Characters already announced PLUS the ones who are unlockable and DLC. You and everyone else don't know who or what else is going to be in this game. You just have to wait. 

 

2.Then why are you on this forum? This game comes out in November... A MONTH AWAY. It hasn't gone Gold yet so you will have to wait. Like one of the users said the Clockwork said they've been working hard to make sure the game is ready to release on the new date and they will start releasing more information now. 

 

3.Lack of Advertisment? Why would they advertise now? Don't get this game twisted. They are marketed the Sony marketing powerhouse on top of all the publishers that have their characters in the game. Watch when November rolls around it might be annoying how much advertisment is going to be happening. lol

 

I know every character............ People who've played PS since the first one will know 80% of the characters.

Photobucket
Message 35 of 78 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
804 posts
 

Re: Hype is Gone

Oct 4, 2012

pb_mal wrote:
I agree that the lineup so far isnt what I want at all, but I thought we were still expecting 6-8 characters. Was it confirmed no more reveals?

I asked Clock about more reveals, he couldn't comment on that. I asked him about secret characters and he said "I can't comment that wink wink." Well he was laughing when he said wink wink so I don't know if he is serious or not.

Abe for All-Stars!!!
Message 36 of 78 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/14/2012
Offline
519 posts
 

Re: Hype is Gone

Oct 4, 2012
Ok I see your point.
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 37 of 78 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/21/2010
Offline
1736 posts
 

Re: Hype is Gone

Oct 4, 2012

My hype for this game has definitly done down in the past few weeks. I mean I'll still be getting it at launch (My pre-order is payed off and everything), but I'm not nearly as excited as I was at the beginning of September. If my GS holds a midnight launch, I'm not even sure I'll go to it. What's an extra 10 hours having a game that, in all likeliness, will lose most of its community when Black Ops 2 hits.

 

I'm not dissing the game, by any means, but with the delay, stupid-**bleep** forum threads, no new info (of any kind), my excitement is set aside for more Killzone Mercenary, God of War Ascention, and Gears of War (YES, and Xbox game on a PS3 forum) info/trailers/etc.

Message 38 of 78 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
954 posts
 

Re: Hype is Gone

Oct 4, 2012
@The16thNinja
so with ur logic u don't want "kratos" and "Nathan Drake" in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale? U my friend are dumb I'm out don't bother replying lolz
Message 39 of 78 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
804 posts
 

Re: Hype is Gone

Oct 4, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

Real_Radec13 wrote:
"- The reason they haven't released any info in awhile is because of the delay. In every game they plan out the events they are going to be in and when they will give out information almost at the start of development. But since the game got delayed a month, you have like an extra month that they didn't plan to do anything. He said we are going to get a lot more info now until the game releases."

Clock told me if the game didn't get delayed, we would have got a bunch of info by now. And I guess that we would have gotten the PS+ beta

This is reassuring, i hope this is the case.

 


I agree with you on advertising. They need to advertise this game big time. 

Abe for All-Stars!!!
Message 40 of 78 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes