Wastelander
759 posts

Re: Hunt to Beat the Clock!!! (Livestream)

Oct 25, 2012
I'm bad when you haven't played me? We treat pros like gods because we respect their game? You serious kid?

I'm not a pro. Nowhere near it, but the only that I respect is results. **bleep** all that theory fighting crap. Anybody can talk about another player not blocking a log trap assist during a teleport mix up or the proper way to deal with ambiguous overheads or even the lack of proper air dodges, footsie. And blocking but still choke on stage. I asked you to put your skills on the line under the same conditions as him and win. Hell his conditions are worse because he is the targetof 3 other people!

But you made excuses and refused. Keep theory fighting. This conversation is over

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 51 of 78 (210 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 25, 2012
So DevDooms you have no idea what your main character does? Hes a 50/50 grappler. He knocks you down over and over again and makes you have to guess what he's going to do next whether grab or air shotgun. But he gets zoned out quite easily.
Ok everyne I'm sorry you;re right I got frustrated and called you all bad my mistake I get angry sometimes. But anyway ya I dunno... maybe they just werent trying
PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 52 of 78 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I disagree about tooth. I play radecs and kratos' almost exclusively and I rarely get zoned. He had short but effective combos and actually controls space well with whiffed Molotovs, properly placed mines, and his fire breath. His true weakness is his lack of mobility (like rush attacks and dashes) outside of his shoulder charge, lack of real air options especially when an opponent is directly beneath them.

Message 53 of 78 (178 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Fear4TheHero47 wrote:
There is such a thing as putting on a show. If you want to talk about Omar getting his level 3, then you do the same. I find it more interesting that Omar got his level 3 and still lost.

"Let's put on a show!!" -PaRappa

Message 54 of 78 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Fear this game is not THAT complicated. I could talk about UMVC or Blazblue in a thread on here to make anyone feel bad about themselves with the amount terminology. This game doesn;t have high low mixups, This game doesn;t have assists. This game doesnt have nearly the pace of a J 2d fighter. The pressure game isn;t as fierce and the defensive strategies not nealy as complicated. You have block...evade...and air dodge. Every attack is blockable from one position. Knowing when to use air dodge is very simple. It's not complicated at all to use and the fact that they werent doing it all the time shows that they dont know to do it. There arent air dodges in 2d fighters but most do have air blocking. They were using evade quite well on the ground but again that's not that hard. This fighting game has it the easiest of any when it comes to blocking and they weren't doing that enough either.

For real the only Mixups in this game are way different and not that tough to handle, especially when you know your opponents character which if they;ve been playing for a long time should know what each others character does. It's are they going to come in with this move or this move (difference being the speed it comes at you usually). Both can be evaded or blocked unless they mix up and grab...which is the only mixup in the game aside from using a different move with different speed. When you are getting up they have to guess whether you;re going right, left or staying in the same place to get up then they have to guess if you;re going to block attack or try to get away. Now they have the option of doing an aerial move,ground move or grab for when you get up. Unlike other fighters however ou don;t have to worry about overheads/lows and this game has a much slower pace. (Minus Mortal Kombat).

To sum this rant up ya there is a lot of junk to learn in this game for sure but even with all I typed other 2d fighters have a much more complicated style up to and including much more difficult combos that require a lot more complicated of button inputs and timing. The defensive strategies are much more limited based on the fact that the offensive strategies are more limited. Also saying that someone is good at this so they are good at this and bull. The only thing I can say is if you were good at smash then you have a huge advantage in this. The pace of the game is that but a little slower.... and smash players..like myself have like 10000 hours played time or more between the 3 smash games/project M. He's coming from 2d fighters where the skillcap is not only different but much higher. He not only doesn;t have smash experience but he's coming from something where the skill ceiling is a lot higher. With time he technically should be good because his fingers have proven they are more than coordinated. It's not hard to see what other people are doing wrong especially in a game like this. And it's not hard with practice to have excellent strategies. This game should have been a game of cat and mouse but instead it wasn't which brings me to the notion that they don;'t know what theyre doing. The pace isn't hard to keep so once you get it. Pressing L1 in the air to dodge an attack to punish it isn;t some super secret advanced expert strategy it's basic brawler knowledge. This is all coming from an experienced perspective. I'm not talking out my rear here people this is what I see and you not agreeing with me isn't going to make me wrong regardless how arrogant it sounds.
PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 55 of 78 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Oct 26, 2012
If you really are as intelligent as you say, then you would have stopped talking ages ago... and yes Clock is amazing at MvC... but imagine how good he is at a game where the difficulty is half as high. Imagine all the combos he won't be dropping and all the mix ups and space he has mastered controlling, and all the combos and tech he may have mastered, being that he comes from a mvc background, he probably can combo you from hell and back with characters like parappa and Raiden
Message 56 of 78 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

well its easy in this game.... the difficulty lies in the footsies Dominus... again where were these combos against Omar? Where were half the things I talked about. I didn;t see excellent spacing or character control. He doesnt know the pace of the brwaler hes used to 2D fighters. People that arent on his level in other games are at his level in this game as the ceiling is much lower. If after 20 minutes of training mode in this game you're still dropping combos you might wanna think about going to smash

Message 57 of 78 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Or they were showing off the game?
Another question.... you say your amazing at smash, and yet... what kind of reputation do you have? Have you been sponsored to go to Evo or super Battle Opera?
Message 58 of 78 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 26, 2012
You missed my point completely. This game isn't anywhere near that complicated. The point was, you can bash a player and talk **bleep** about his game all you want to, but in the FGC, that really doesn't mean **bleep**. You put your stick where your mouth is or you shut the **bleep** because it's all irrelevant if you don't play them regardless of game or mode as long as you are on equal ground. All that talk is theory fighting and I asked you to drop the talk and step up but you aren't so **bleep**. The only thing that matters is a win or an L. Show me one and prove your point.

And I don't know what you saw last night because I was watching something different. I saw two guys playing but not out for blood. You were looking for a high level match. Neither of us will ever know for sure but you boast than both of them when you haven't played them purely on the basis that they didnf use fundamentals that THEY put into the game and spent 3 years using and perfecting? Yea imma need proof that you are better than them. In video form please. Until then we have nothing to discuss

Message 59 of 78 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 26, 2012

getting back on track, im about to start up the stream. 

beta.twitch.tv/jugg4n4ut

Message 60 of 78 (104 Views)
0 Likes