Dec 20 2012
By: Tekn0tize Gaming Beast 2105 posts

How would you feel...

[ Edited ]
3 replies 166 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

If  less important-to-PS3 characters like Rayman or an MK rep. were introduced as DLC before the more iconic PS3 characters like Crash, Spyro etc. ?

I have a feeling we would be seeing a ton of hate threads on this forum instead of being thankful for getting DLC at all.

Also, since it will be paid DLC, do you think it would affect sales of that DLC because judging by these forums it seems not many would buy new DLC unless it was Crash/Spyro/Cloud or Abe.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 1 of 4 (166 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: How would you feel...

Dec 20, 2012
first question:
i wouldn't care, it's still a new character,
i've always been a person that doesn't give a hairy rat's_ass about characters that did/did not make it in,

and obviously we're gonna see hate threads, remember when Emmett & Kat was announced, there was essentially a hate thread for Emmett,
their's always gonna be hate threads, regardless, 'cause some people just find things to hate about anything,
and the sales? hm, maybe, but we also have to remember that chances are those haters probably won't be in the majority...
Play For Fun!
Message 2 of 4 (150 Views)
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

achus93again wrote:
I wouldn't care, it's still a new character,

I agree with this sentiment. There's more to the characters than just a new face, they bring with them new ways to play and new strategies to learn, it's like getting a new violent toy to play around with. Maybe you'll get bored of it, maybe it'll be your favorite thing ever, you won't know unless you give it a chance.

And Rayman is a poor example; he was a huge part of Playstation's history, I'd welcome that. I remember being just a kid and playing his first game, which was freaking difficult and way out of my league, or maybe I just remember it that way. Either way he's as notable a character as any.

Also blew past your second question, yes, there will be people who won't even consider buying the DLC just because of the characters in it, which means you'll have to go out of your way to be awesome with those characters and show them what they're missing out on.

Message 3 of 4 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

Mind_Less wrote:

achus93again wrote:
I wouldn't care, it's still a new character,

I agree with this sentiment. There's more to the characters than just a new face, they bring with them new ways to play and new strategies to learn, it's like getting a new violent toy to play around with. Maybe you'll get bored of it, maybe it'll be your favorite thing ever, you won't know unless you give it a chance.

And Rayman is a poor example; he was a huge part of Playstation's history, I'd welcome that. I remember being just a kid and playing his first game, which was freaking difficult and way out of my league, or maybe I just remember it that way. Either way he's as notable a character as any.

Also blew past your second question, yes, there will be people who won't even consider buying the DLC just because of the characters in it, which means you'll have to go out of your way to be awesome with those characters and show them what they're missing out on.

Okay maybe Rayman was a bad example, but honestly I've seen people saying Rayman should not be in the game because his latest game is now a Nintendo Wii U and that he belongs better in Super Smash Bros or like NO WAY RAYMAN should get in before Crash / Spyro or Abe.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 4 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes