Nov 25 2012
By: HikariSword First Son 19 posts

How would you design "Playstation", the character?

24 replies 329 views Edited Nov 25, 2012

If it were me, I'd base it off the original logo somehow
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120514064746/logopedia/images/0/0a/PlayStation.png

Hm... It'd have to be a female unfortunately, with the red P becoming her hair. The other colors will have to work into her clothes, but the combination of blue, green and yellow I actually can't see working too well on clothes.
I can see it being a battle dress of some sort.

For play style, use the lid of the PS1 as a shield. She could probably pull out throwing discs from it, or better yet the boomerang controller. The PS2 controller can be swung like a flail.

For a special effect, have the PS3's background streams follow her around (like in the intro).

Message 1 of 25 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Re: How would you design "Playstation", the character?

Nov 25, 2012

That's actually a cool idea, I like it, especially the character being female. We need more!

She would definitely have some cool intros, outros, etc... But the REAL question is, who would her rival be? PEPSI MAN!? Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 25 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 25, 2012
i think the character is more suited to be female,
same goes for nintendo,
xbox is more of a dude...
Play For Fun!
Message 3 of 25 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Nov 25, 2012
@HikariSword:

"Hm... It'd have to be a female unfortunately"

Why does it have to be a female "unfortunately"? I'm not understanding that bit.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 25 (302 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Go_Buddie_Go wrote:

That's actually a cool idea, I like it, especially the character being female. We need more!

She would definitely have some cool intros, outros, etc... But the REAL question is, who would her rival be? PEPSI MAN!? Smiley Very Happy

I was thinking the Polygon Man, sounds like the only one that could fit well with her.

LikeRA1N wrote:
@HikariSword:

"Hm... It'd have to be a female unfortunately"

Why does it have to be a female "unfortunately"? I'm not understanding that bit.

Sorry about that, I thought up the play style first before the design, then imagining a knight-like image in my head (a really blocky knight whose armor is based on the PS1, PS2 and PS3 XD) But when I decided to use the logo as a base, I realized that it was more suited for a female. Which means my original (and very stupid idea) would have to be scrapped. That line was typed when I came to terms with my disappointment.

But as I fleshed her image in my a bit more I started to like it.

Message 5 of 25 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Nov 25, 2012

You're all wrong. What is this "Playstation is a female" **bleep**? Here's how Playstation the guy would look

PS Man.jpg

Message 6 of 25 (249 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 25, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

You're all wrong. What is this "Playstation is a female" **bleep**? Here's how Playstation the guy would look

PS Man.jpg

thats perfect, really simpe but oddly ooks good

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 7 of 25 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

Dang nabbit, you guys got me in the drawing mood again.

PS Girl.png

This is my take on what "PlayStation" the character would look like.  It came out a little Nariko-ish and derivative, but what can ya do.  I made her "flail" weapon a PlayStation Move controller, and her shoes are meant to look like PS2s.  Surprisingly, the PS logo's colors do fit well in a "battle dress" such as this.

EDIT:  Gah, I didn't even realize Nariko also had a headband like that.  Excuse me while I plant my head on my desk...

What do you think? Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 25 (227 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 25, 2012
i like it,
maybe a little cartoonish...
Play For Fun!
Message 9 of 25 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Thanks, haha.  Yeah, it did come out that way partly due to that fact that I tend to draw in that style and that I wanted her to have a more mascot-ish design.

Message 10 of 25 (216 Views)
0 Likes