Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 19 2012
By: bluezbreak Monster Hunter 41 posts

How will Superbot expand the roster?

[ Edited ]
10 replies 423 views Edited Oct 19, 2012

a) DLC (unlocked from the disc if we're lucky!!)

b) Updated Versions (Super Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Turbo Ultimate)

c) yearly sequels (a la Madden)

d) combination of a and b (Arcade Edition!)

Personally, I think they will go with d, I mean they did hire Seth Killian.

Message 1 of 11 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Re: How will Superbot expand the roster?

Oct 19, 2012
e) Magic
Message 2 of 11 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2012

My assumption is that There will be a few DLC characters, stages and unlocks that will be released in bundles well after initial release

For example; A Sega Bundle.

It could come with Selvaria Bles (Valkyria) and Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza) as playable characters. 1 Crossover stage in Shinjuku from Yakuza, but as the level progresses, tanks start to roll in, and a war sort  of breaks out in the background like in VC. There would also be a slew of new unlockables too, and possible more color palates for existing characters. And it might cost $6 or $7.

If it's NOT something like that, then I would imagine doing updates for the game in BIG content releases. So you could buy a $15 expansion with 6 new characters, new stages, new Skins,etc as well as new free ingame content such as unlocks as well as balancing for everyone else.

I doubt that They'll release 3 different versions like Capcom does, or annualize the franchise.

Message 3 of 11 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Oct 19, 2012

how about regular patches?

Message 4 of 11 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 19, 2012

no yearly sequels please, the sequel for this game should be on the ps4,

and they would probably use dlcs....

Play For Fun!
Message 5 of 11 (347 Views)
Wastelander
756 posts

Oct 19, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

My assumption is that There will be a few DLC characters, stages and unlocks that will be released in bundles well after initial release

For example; A Sega Bundle.

It could come with Selvaria Bles (Valkyria) and Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza) as playable characters. 1 Crossover stage in Shinjuku from Yakuza, but as the level progresses, tanks start to roll in, and a war sort  of breaks out in the background like in VC. There would also be a slew of new unlockables too, and possible more color palates for existing characters. And it might cost $6 or $7.

If it's NOT something like that, then I would imagine doing updates for the game in BIG content releases. So you could buy a $15 expansion with 6 new characters, new stages, new Skins,etc as well as new free ingame content such as unlocks as well as balancing for everyone else.

I doubt that They'll release 3 different versions like Capcom does, or annualize the franchise.

I love that Sega bundle idea. Heck I'd pay $20 just to see those 2 in the roster. Not to mention your level idea was awesome too. I hope they just stick with DLC though, but make sure not to get outrageous with it like Capcom did.

Message 6 of 11 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 19, 2012

If the game gets a sequel, I imagine that they will put lots of time and effort into it, just as they did with this game. It has taken 3 years after all. So I imagine a sequel would have to be at LEAST 2 years after this. That's assuming that superbot would even make another one. They are independant after all.

Message 7 of 11 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 19, 2012

Omar said that DLC is just a possiblity if the game sells well anyways, so it's not even guarenteed that there will be any updates at all, let alone DLC.

But I'm sure the game will sell well enough to warrent at least a few characters as DLC or in a Patch/Update.

Message 8 of 11 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Oct 19, 2012

Anyone remember the way Criterion released Burnout Paradise DLC? It was awesome. They released a patch every 3-4 months that came with free vehicles and everything. Then they sold DLC for a long long time after the patches, with newer, more unique vehicles and a new location (Big Surf Island). I'm hoping SuperBot will do something like this. If not, they'll probably just sell characters, costumes, and stages separately in mini bundles 6 months after release. Then there'll be a GOTY edition with everything.

Message 9 of 11 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 19, 2012

spyderdude wrote:

Anyone remember the way Criterion released Burnout Paradise DLC? It was awesome. They released a patch every 3-4 months that came with free vehicles and everything. Then they sold DLC for a long long time after the patches, with newer, more unique vehicles and a new location (Big Surf Island). I'm hoping SuperBot will do something like this. If not, they'll probably just sell characters, costumes, and stages separately in mini bundles 6 months after release. Then there'll be a GOTY edition with everything.

Oh god yes!

Criterion was amazing with post-launch support in Paradise.

The big free content updates which added new cars, Bikes (and they even had planes planned), and then Big online updates, new games modes and more! 

And to top it off, after months of free content, they give us even more in the form of paid DLC. Big Surf was another HUGE addition, as well as cops, and toys, and the premium cars too!

If SuperBot pulls off something like that, that'd be simply amazing. 

Message 10 of 11 (180 Views)
0 Likes