Dec 06 2012
By: SuperGodzilla First Son 23 posts

How to get Cross-Save to work (Tutorial)

5 replies 13047 views Edited Dec 6, 2012

Hi everyone. I was having problems getting cross-save to work yesterday, so I decided to figure it out and then post a solution.

I'm going to start with the obvious things first, you can't take anything for granted.

Things you'll need

-PS Vita

-PS3

-All-Stars for Vita and PS3

-A Playstation Network account linked betweeen Vita/PS3

-Internet (the save file format is compatible between systems, so no USB transfer)

-A save file for the both games

What you wont use

-PS Plus Online Data Storage

-Vita Content Manager

-USB Cable

So this is relatively simple, but the publisher omitted any kind of information from the manual. You simply start up whichever game system you want to play PSASBR on, and manually sign-in to the Playstation Network, forcing the game to sync data between your PS3 and PS Vita cross-save compatible titles. On PS3 you would do this by pressing the PS Button then

[Network] --> [Account Management] Press Triangle, select [Sign Off] if you are signed in, then press X on {Account Management] in order to re-sign in.

On Vita, you will be automatically signed in most times. But, just in case here is how to ensure you are signed in. Start Playstation All-Stars. From the main menu, by using the touchscreen click on the grey progress bar in the top right corner. Click on [Sign In]. To verify that data has been synced you can look at the leaderboards found under tournament mode, or check your arcade mode progress.

Hope this helps.

Message 1 of 6 (13,047 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: How to get Cross-Save to work (Tutorial)

Dec 6, 2012

So you just need to sign into both the Vita and PS3 on the same PSN account and it will sync the save data?

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 2 of 6 (13,034 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Essentially, yes. I just wanted to clear up that the other methods of transfer are not used.
Message 3 of 6 (13,023 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Great, thanks for the info. I'll be getting my Vita in a few days time so this would be useful to me!
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 4 of 6 (13,021 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Dec 6, 2012
so it uses cloud saves but doesn't at the same time?
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 5 of 6 (12,999 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Yes. If you were to launch content manager and choose PS Plus Online Storage, you can only retrieve Vita formatted save files.
Message 6 of 6 (12,985 Views)
0 Likes