Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Re: How to fix kill-confirms!

Feb 15, 2013
The cleanest of words? What the hell lmao.

Ahem, please kind sir, do forgive my prior irrationality. My words did not seem to properly convey the correct emotion which my posts demeanor hath attempted been wrought.

Let me put the content of my position in a more suitable way, so that your emotional baggage which seems to be rendering you unable to discern that my posts bare a neutral perspective based on the content of ones said posts, will no further perturb you.

However, despite my forthcoming change on tone, in order for you to more accurately decipher intent, it will
Message 381 of 411 (121 Views)
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Have to wait, I've matters to attend to. I will get back to you in a few hours. Also, blasted phone, sent my post without completion! Unruly device, I swear.
Message 382 of 411 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

I admit, you made me laugh. 

Me saying "it's not the clean of words" or "cleanest words" wouldn't have made much sense put together the way they were. Keep that tone, though! While you did make me laugh, I took it more seriously than your bad mood tone.

Message 383 of 411 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I'm mainly talking about 1v1 here, I don't give a **bleep** about FFA. 2v2's slightly a different story.

The reasons I think having no kill confirms isn't a good idea aren't that hard to figure out.

1. It would make many matches longer and thus, more boring.

2.It would mess up the balance. Characters like Dante are going to suffer more and I can't see the top tiers becoming worse. Characters with better level 3's are gonna have an easier time,like Nariko.

Radecs and Big Daddy's will still suffer. They already nerfed raiden,who's like mid tier now. What about characters that have crappy level 2's and 3's? Like Toro: His level 3 can't kill more than once and his level 2's easily avoidable.

From where I see it, this would mess up the balance even more,making the difference between low and top even more clear.

3. I still haven't seen one legitimate solution. You are demanding for the removal of kill confirms,without destroying combos.

Well? How?

I see where you are coming from, however, I don't think you're on the right track.

Oh and street fighter,argubaly the most balanced fighting game, has confirms into ultras and supers. Sure, they aren't one hit kills but they do huge damage to the hp bar.

Message 384 of 411 (110 Views)
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 15, 2013
How would dante suffer when his level 2 and 3 are still pretty darn strong?
And the argument that its makes matches quicker? That's the exact opposite.
Comes down to me with 3 lives and my opponent with 2 in a stock match and I'm just trying to avoid his grab half the time it goes on for pretty long. Just the fact that you can even kill confirm off of a grab is beyond unfair. Id rather have a fun match of people trying to get their higher supers and the other character trying to stop them. Not the other character trying to run away from their hit confirms...
When this game first came out, it was infinitely more fun than it is now. I win WAY more matches now but half of that is due to people just trying to get hit confirms and me stopping anybody from doing it to anybody. Ah the feeling when I see a **bleep** ratchet suck somebody up run towards the corner and then I send them flying across the stage.
Message 385 of 411 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Please tell me how his level 2 is good for 1v1.
He already suffers with a hit confirm for his level 1. I can't see him magically getting better.
And still, I can't see a legit fix. Would you just magically program players to not use level 1s? Enlighten me.
Message 386 of 411 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Feb 16, 2013

EMPEROR987 wrote:

I'm mainly talking about 1v1 here, I don't give a **bleep** about FFA. 2v2's slightly a different story.

The reasons I think having no kill confirms isn't a good idea aren't that hard to figure out.

1. It would make many matches longer and thus, more boring.

2.It would mess up the balance. Characters like Dante are going to suffer more and I can't see the top tiers becoming worse. Characters with better level 3's are gonna have an easier time,like Nariko.

Radecs and Big Daddy's will still suffer. They already nerfed raiden,who's like mid tier now. What about characters that have crappy level 2's and 3's? Like Toro: His level 3 can't kill more than once and his level 2's easily avoidable.

From where I see it, this would mess up the balance even more,making the difference between low and top even more clear.

3. I still haven't seen one legitimate solution. You are demanding for the removal of kill confirms,without destroying combos.

Well? How?

I see where you are coming from, however, I don't think you're on the right track.

Oh and street fighter,argubaly the most balanced fighting game, has confirms into ultras and supers. Sure, they aren't one hit kills but they do huge damage to the hp bar.

You seem to think as if updating the game will no longer happen if kill-confirms are removed, I've suggested before that Dante's lv 1 can be brought down to 100 AP requirement due to the slow wind-up.

I've explained how to stop confirms without ruining combos in one simple swoop in the OP.

I'm not into Street Fighter, but I'm sure you were meant to be able to do that seeing as that's the kind of game that it is. Most people can't seem to grasp the concept that PSASBR is NOT Street Fighter, it's NOT MvC, it's NOT Smash Bros., kill-confirms in this game are not a given, they're an exploit.

I hear you keep saying that my solution is not a good one at the end of every single one of your posts, what's your idea, then? I've read around a few threads and a decent solution I saw is to increase the AP needed for the most easiest to get kill-confirms like Fat Princess, Raiden, Sweet Tooth, ETC., but that would effect newbies tremendously and then you get the idea of why even bother using the level 1 when you're right next to level 2?

I believe level 1s should stay how they are and still have that feeling of risk.

Message 387 of 411 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Feels nice to win with a clean conscious, too bad it still produces many rage quitters.

Bump!

Message 388 of 411 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Sweet Tooth needs it, plus his KC is nearly impossible to land on anyone with a shred of skill, very obvious and counterable.
Message 389 of 411 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Feb 17, 2013
You see, "fixing" confirms then rebalancing would be much more effort. I believe confirms are fine. While sure, some are **bleep** ridiculous, many other confirms are fine.
I'd rather developers fix the current unbalanced confirms (which aren't that many) than do a huge, game changing move that isn't even guaranteed to fix the current problems of this game.

Also, not to sound pessimistic, but do you really believe the current developers are going to do this? They released a patch that seemed to be never tested, having random glitches and nerfs/buffs that are unjust (a big daddy nerf... Really?).

Simply, a change that isn't a guaranteed good idea isn't needed. I'd rather avoid it.
Message 390 of 411 (40 Views)