Uncharted Territory
1602 posts

Re: How to defeat a cpu Sly Cooper on All Star level.

Dec 10, 2012

dragonsroc wrote:

iDrummer123 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:

I think you mean parry, not a type of land.

And sure he's difficult, but he's not as hard as you make him out to be. Stop playing so overly aggressive and he become much easier to handle.

I smell **bleep** all over you. Yes, "Perry". Better? 

And have you tried playing against him, or are you just making assumpitions? Also, I am not playing over aggressive. If anything, I am dodging and rolling for over half the match. 

Of course I've played against him. And it's not impossible. Sly doesn't have combos so he's not hard to block then counter attack. You shouldn't be rolling and dodging so much against Sly. It's easier to just jump around as his aerial attacks aren't as great. Regardless, Sly has an advantage over Sir Dan anyway.

Common misconception

Message 11 of 24 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Dec 10, 2012

King_Cobra97 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:

iDrummer123 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:

And sure he's difficult, but he's not as hard as you make him out to be. Stop playing so overly aggressive and he become much easier to handle.

And have you tried playing against him, or are you just making assumpitions? Also, I am not playing over aggressive. If anything, I am dodging and rolling for over half the match. 

Of course I've played against him. And it's not impossible. Sly doesn't have combos so he's not hard to block then counter attack. You shouldn't be rolling and dodging so much against Sly. It's easier to just jump around as his aerial attacks aren't as great. Regardless, Sly has an advantage over Sir Dan anyway.

Common misconception

well the CPU doesn't use them and that's what he asked for. it's sad that level 5 CPU's don't really combo. Especially the Dante one. the best combo I've seen level 5 Dante use was SSS->uS->S->T->uO. It's pretty pathetic.

Message 12 of 24 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1602 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

dragonsroc wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:

iDrummer123 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:

Common misconception

well the CPU doesn't use them and that's what he asked for. it's sad that level 5 CPU's don't really combo. Especially the Dante one. the best combo I've seen level 5 Dante use was SSS->uS->S->T->uO. It's pretty pathetic.

Yeah that's true but you said it as a general thing.

Anyway, to the OP. Try throwing your battleaxe or chickenwing at sly then block, if he counters hit him after you block it.

Message 13 of 24 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 10, 2012

King_Cobra97 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:

iDrummer123 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:

Common misconception

Yeah that's true but you said it as a general thing.

Anyway, to the OP. Try throwing your battleaxe or chickenwing at sly then block, if he counters hit him after you block it.

One of the techniques I use is I pressure my opponent by throwing down the walking head, followed by the chicken wing, then the axe. Usualy if succesful, I land a three hit combo as they get stunned by the head, hit by the falling chickenwing, then struck by the axe in that order. But anyways, Sly can easily perry any of these and his perry is so fast that I don't get time to block. Only rarely do I block his perries. Anyways, I have come extremely close to beating him. His AP gain is just so quick and he always gets up to his lvl 2 and uses it.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRAAAAAANCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 14 of 24 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Dec 10, 2012
I can beat him pretty easily, although he can be a pain, but with sly. I'm sure you have it a lot harder with sir dan, but he does get really predictable as he just keeps teleporting then either hitting or countering so i'm sure you can use that somehow to your advantage (although i can't say how as i don' play dan).
Message 15 of 24 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Guys, I forgot to mention a very important factor. I only fight him on the parappa stage. No, i am not going to pick a different stage. I also have 3 stock and items off  along with stage hazards. A lot of you say you beat him easily, but try fighitng him under these circumstances. It can serve as a challange.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRAAAAAANCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 16 of 24 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: How to defeat a CPU Sly Cooper on All Star level.

Feb 11, 2013

I hear ya guy I hate him to even tho I can beat him he a pain to deal infact all of them are now days I like to play in four way free for alls but when you play with CPU they seem to be gunning for you they set traps I swear like one parry you and then the other CPU will kill you as soon as they do and don't kill each other when your there no no they sigle you out you can be in a huge scramble but they they start to jump you and when a CPU ready to kill you the other cpus set you up for failure and then GETS OUT OF THE WAY ( >0_0)> AND THEN YOU DIE ( 0_0) this is very annoying how CPU plays and can go from fun and challenging to cheap and unfair ( -_-)> even tho we can win we shouldn't feel like its cheap challenge  stop making the CPU gang up on players all the titime thats not what makes a game hard it makes it cheap and stop parry on contact they use it as soon as u even think about hitting them and sly OMG he needs to like not even be use by CPU fighting him is just not fun its not a challenge its cheap annoying work 

Message 17 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 19, 2013
This is what I did. As soon as I started the game I used the machine gun for a long while and managed to get level 1 like that. After he managed to punch me, I slide and managed to hit him. I jumped away all the time and as soon he was near me I fell on him with the floor fall. I kept repeating this pattern most of the time and occasionally used the machine gun again. The machine gun stops being effective after a while.

He has an excellent offense and defense on the floor. Use distance and heights to your advantage. Cheap repetitive moves are too. Make sure to use level 3 and shoot the sly 3 times.
Message 18 of 24 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Aug 19, 2013
You're new here, I can tell. The date of a post can be seen, please do not necro (bring back old) threads.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 19 of 24 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

K, playing against one Sly cool NP. Try playing against 2 or 3... 3 FFA IS IS JUST R3TARTED. Again not impossible (I have done it) but I highly doubt anyone on here can say they can do that no problem. Give me 10 rounds I can can win one maybe 2. 3 Kratos is even a walk in the park compared to this sh*t. Then again I main Jak and he sucks sooo... I am actually interested to hear that this isn't hard for someone. I also recomend trying it if you havent. Let me know how many licks it takes you to get to the center of THAT challenge.

Message 20 of 24 (128 Views)
0 Likes