Dec 01 2012
By: phantomblake Splicer 86 posts

How to beat a spamming character

5 replies 184 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

Here it is, your guide on beating all the spam characters. My friends and i spent all of last night staying up till 4AM to figure this out, now we havent solved it with every character, but here are the general ways to beat spams. Please also add suggestions, and ill go ahead and add them. 

Stopping Sackboy Cake spammers

Sackboy is a keep away character, but some people take advantage of that by sitting away from the main fight and shooting cake over. and over. and over. and over. and over. But its really simple to stop it. The reason sackboy is so successful is because he doesnt have people going after him. The fights with sackboy usually nivolve two dunces fighting, and one person trying to clear the spammer. All you have to do, is force the dunces over to sackboy. Grab and throw, knockback, or even throw sackboy in the rumble! 99% of sackboys cant use his square or triangle to save their lives, so theyll be useless. Or, if you jusdt want to smack them, roll past cakes, jump at the last second, and dive right in front of them. The spammer will assume that you are diving at where they ARE, not where they are going to be. If you have any questions just ask me. Ill provide character info for specific ones.

Kratoss side square.

This one took a while to figure out, just because it was so simple. Kratos spammers use the homing techinique to their advantage, and that is there downfall. A spammer with the chain grab will stay out of the main fight, and dive in and back out. When you have one in your game, STAY AIRBORNE. Another guy you play with will be after kratos, because after all hes right there. When you see someone else attack, do it too. as fast as you can. Kratos will grab guy#1, #2 will hit him, and if timed right, Kratos wont even get AP. Keep in mind this wont work for everyone, but most characters.

Radec

Roll, Roll baby, then go grab him, and keep rolling some more.

This may not work for you, but ive been very successful doing this:smileytongue:

Photobucket
Winning. Pure. Winning.
Message 1 of 6 (184 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: How to beat a spamming character

Dec 1, 2012
You can destroy all of Sackboys projectiles and trap before they even hit you so just break it or charge through them with Kratos, Sir Daniel or Big Daddy's charging forward attacks.

Kratos' side square can be blocked and it takes ages for Kratos to recover from it when it's blocked so just block it and punish it. If you're Fat Princess holding in your square attack button will make her charge it up which can absorb 2 hits from almost all square attacks in the game so she can absorb the chain grab and hit Kratos.
Message 2 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

You know it's funny. I had matches today where one peron on the mic says "Go after Sackboy(me)" and the two other guys just continue to hit each other:smileylol: I have seen a lot of ragequitters today as well as people who don't know how to deal with him.

In some of my matches where people actually go after me after 30 seconds of me destroying them they start to run away from me, and sometimes I spend whole matches trying to bait people over, and they run away from Sackboy(keepaway) using Kratos, Raiden, or Dante. It is no wander people called him overpowered, they don't fight him right at all!

Message 3 of 6 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Dec 2, 2012

You stayed up to 4 AM to figure out the obvious? Cmon, man! :smileylol:

Message 4 of 6 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Dec 2, 2012
In terms of Sackboy, you can't expect everyone on the battlefield to be smart enough to go after him, as I said in another thread similar to this, people only focus on their own when in a game like this you have to be aware of what's going on with everyone else so they make plenty of stupid decisions especially when level 3s are active but allas, I'm a Jak player so down circle in the air gets the job done against Sackboy for me, Radec stopped being an issue in the beta and Kratos is so predictible.
Message 5 of 6 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Dec 2, 2012

I just quit the match and start searching for a new one. 

I do the same when there are two players using Kratos and when two players are clearly working together in a FFA.

No point in wasting your time if you're only playing this game to have fun. 

Message 6 of 6 (99 Views)
0 Likes