Dec 10 2012
By: dragonsroc Gaming Beast 1746 posts

How to beat Raiden

15 replies 1008 views Edited Dec 10, 2012

A lot of people seem to think Raiden is OP. The only OP thing about Raiden is maybe his side grab. But even then, just avoid his grab. I mean it's not hard to avoid grabs.

I think these people just don't know how to fight Raiden at all. They just charge at Raiden head on and give him exactly what he wants. When I play Raiden, I'll tell you exactly what I hate to run into.

First of all, if you have a projectile that stuns, shoot it. If you don't, then there's multiple options. If the Raiden sucks, he'll just spam sO on the ground. Whatever. You'll get hit, and he can't combo off it. On the other hand, if this Raiden isn't **bleep**, they'll perform an air sO instead to eliminate the recovery. You'll know they're going for this when they short hop, then right before they land they'll do it. Just block and punish. This pretty much negates his sO. Now in order to approach you, Raiden has to either jump dodge, which any other character might do so play him as you would another. Raiden's other option is to approach you with air sT. It's a diagonal down attack. When you see him jump, stay out of that diagonal distance zone, stay out of his horizontal zone, or spam more projectiles in that direction if you have them. Bam, now Raiden can't approach you. Now he's literally just a faster Dante or a Kratos with less range.

Next up, people **bleep** and moan about his ease of level 1 kills. This is easy. Just know how he gets them, avoid, and stop being so predictable. Raiden gets confirms from grab, sS, air dT, air sO (only if performed inches from the ground). What stops all of those from being hit confirms? Being in the air. Seriously. Raiden can't do **bleep** if he hits you with one of these and you're in the air. You get knocked too far away for a combo, and you aren't hit stunned for a kill. What if you want to be on the ground? Well dodging a grab is obvious. If Raiden wants to sS you, either he's really good and will get it through skill. Or he sucks and will be very obvious with it. Punish the spam. For air nT, he's gotta shot hop you into the attack. Air nT has a delay to it, and added with the short hop, you can see it coming a mile away if he does it randomly. Preventing air sO, same way you prevent it normally. Spam projectiles or whatever. Bam, you've negated his level 1 (at least to **bleep** spam Raidens).

Level 2 Raiden. Either they'll try to hit confirm you into it, or randomly use it. Just stay on your toes. In FFA, don't bunch up with everyone as that's when he wants to use it. He has the same hit confirms as level 1, with an added uT as one as well. Honestly, if he gets you in the freeze, he gets you, whatever. It's like any other level 2, not OP. If he doesn't freeze you, it's not hard to dodge. Raiden has 3 attacks in his level 2. All his attacks become sS (dash on ground, spinning jump dash thing in air). He can also do a mini pulse to freeze you. Just jump up the platforms. Either stay above or below him as he has no attacks to get you with. If you've already died, you'll be vulnerable for about 1-2 seconds after you spawn. Not hard to dodge those seconds. If you have a level 1/2, use it. You'll probably kill Raiden, as they pretty much just run straight at you. If you get frozen, you want to try to be frozen in the air as it's awkward and slightly more difficult to hit with Raiden's air sS.

Level 3, who cares. It's pretty worthless to use.

Congrats! You now know how to evade and punish Raiden. And remember, you have a block button!

Oh yeah, if you're Kratos. **bleep** all this. Just use sS. Seriously. Kratos chain grab > all Raiden moves. Even if Raiden is flying at you with his air sT, chain grab will go right through it and hit Raiden while leaving Kratos unharmed. If Raiden just did uS->jump to combo someone, sS will reach him from a fair distance from the ground. This one attack is literally the most annoying thing possible to a Raiden. Range is 3x farther than anything Raiden has, negates all attacks, and even if Raiden counters it from max distance, it won't hit Kratos.

Message 1 of 16 (1,008 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: How to beat Raiden

Dec 10, 2012

Ohhhh, so you have to do it the old-fashioned way. Ya know...pushin' buttons. Smiley Tongue 
(JUMP N' SHOOT MAN)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 2 of 16 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Dec 10, 2012

dragonsroc wrote:

A lot of people seem to think Raiden is OP. The only OP thing about Raiden is maybe his side grab. But even then, just avoid his grab. I mean it's not hard to avoid grabs.

I think these people just don't know how to fight Raiden at all. They just charge at Raiden head on and give him exactly what he wants. When I play Raiden, I'll tell you exactly what I hate to run into.

First of all, if you have a projectile that stuns, shoot it. If you don't, then there's multiple options. If the Raiden sucks, he'll just spam sO on the ground. Whatever. You'll get hit, and he can't combo off it. On the other hand, if this Raiden isn't **bleep**, they'll perform an air sO instead to eliminate the recovery. You'll know they're going for this when they short hop, then right before they land they'll do it. Just block and punish. This pretty much negates his sO. Now in order to approach you, Raiden has to either jump dodge, which any other character might do so play him as you would another. Raiden's other option is to approach you with air sT. It's a diagonal down attack. When you see him jump, stay out of that diagonal distance zone, stay out of his horizontal zone, or spam more projectiles in that direction if you have them. Bam, now Raiden can't approach you. Now he's literally just a faster Dante or a Kratos with less range.

Next up, people **bleep** and moan about his ease of level 1 kills. This is easy. Just know how he gets them, avoid, and stop being so predictable. Raiden gets confirms from grab, sS, air dT, air sO (only if performed inches from the ground). What stops all of those from being hit confirms? Being in the air. Seriously. Raiden can't do **bleep** if he hits you with one of these and you're in the air. You get knocked too far away for a combo, and you aren't hit stunned for a kill. What if you want to be on the ground? Well dodging a grab is obvious. If Raiden wants to sS you, either he's really good and will get it through skill. Or he sucks and will be very obvious with it. Punish the spam. For air nT, he's gotta shot hop you into the attack. Air nT has a delay to it, and added with the short hop, you can see it coming a mile away if he does it randomly. Preventing air sO, same way you prevent it normally. Spam projectiles or whatever. Bam, you've negated his level 1 (at least to **bleep** spam Raidens).

Level 2 Raiden. Either they'll try to hit confirm you into it, or randomly use it. Just stay on your toes. In FFA, don't bunch up with everyone as that's when he wants to use it. He has the same hit confirms as level 1, with an added uT as one as well. Honestly, if he gets you in the freeze, he gets you, whatever. It's like any other level 2, not OP. If he doesn't freeze you, it's not hard to dodge. Raiden has 3 attacks in his level 2. All his attacks become sS (dash on ground, spinning jump dash thing in air). He can also do a mini pulse to freeze you. Just jump up the platforms. Either stay above or below him as he has no attacks to get you with. If you've already died, you'll be vulnerable for about 1-2 seconds after you spawn. Not hard to dodge those seconds. If you have a level 1/2, use it. You'll probably kill Raiden, as they pretty much just run straight at you. If you get frozen, you want to try to be frozen in the air as it's awkward and slightly more difficult to hit with Raiden's air sS.

Level 3, who cares. It's pretty worthless to use.

Congrats! You now know how to evade and punish Raiden. And remember, you have a block button!

Oh yeah, if you're Kratos. **bleep** all this. Just use sS. Seriously. Kratos chain grab > all Raiden moves. Even if Raiden is flying at you with his air sT, chain grab will go right through it and hit Raiden while leaving Kratos unharmed. If Raiden just did uS->jump to combo someone, sS will reach him from a fair distance from the ground. This one attack is literally the most annoying thing possible to a Raiden. Range is 3x farther than anything Raiden has, negates all attacks, and even if Raiden counters it from max distance, it won't hit Kratos.

aint nobody got time for that

Message 3 of 16 (985 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I don't have problems with Raiden anymore... HE HAS PROBLEMS WITH ME! 

http://youtu.be/rI1zU4wg9Hc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 4 of 16 (977 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Ari_Ownx wrote:

aint nobody got time for that

It all makes sense now! The people that complain don't even try to learn how to deal with certain characters! Thanks for reinforcing my point that people just don't try to figure out how to beat Raiden. They just lose and yell "But im teh bestest! i dont lose! he must be OP!"

Message 5 of 16 (974 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 10, 2012

It all makes sense now! The people that complain don't even try to learn how to deal with certain characters! Thanks for reinforcing my point that people just don't try to figure out how to beat Raiden. They just lose and yell "But im teh bestest! i dont lose! he must be OP!"

YEEEEEAAAH! Or maybe, just maybe... WE'VE ALREADY FIGURED IT OUT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQO2nbD56hc

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 6 of 16 (965 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 10, 2012
You can throw him out of his sliding slash move for some reason before he hits you. If you're a character who's got pretty big throw range like Big Daddy then use it to give them to message to stop just using the slash :L
Message 7 of 16 (954 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Dec 10, 2012
How to beat raiden....you don't
Message 8 of 16 (931 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Colton360 wrote:
How to beat raiden....you don't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 9 of 16 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 10, 2012

just about any ranged character can beat raiden with little problem.

Message 10 of 16 (903 Views)
0 Likes