I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Re: How to avoid Kat's KCs (AKA Why she's fine and won't get "fixed")

Feb 19, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

False. Down Triangle Square IS a true confirm, but you have to time it so the very end of the kick connects. It CANNOT be the beginning of the kick. It is not a lag confirm.

ah so thats why it only comes up as a combo in training sometimes, shows you how little i know about using kat. TY though for the information

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 11 of 20 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 19, 2013
In that case, Dude5059, then DownT->S confirm would require timing and technical skill to pull off offline, as opposed to the debris confirms which are balanced by my OP. Seems like a fair trade-off - can't say it's cheap and easymode if it actually requires skill to pull off.

How often would you say you land the kick combo confirm in training mode out of ten times?
Message 12 of 20 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

TheAlopex wrote:
In that case, Dude5059, then DownT->S confirm would require timing and technical skill to pull off offline, as opposed to the debris confirms which are balanced by my OP. Seems like a fair trade-off - can't say it's cheap and easymode if it actually requires skill to pull off.

How often would you say you land the kick combo confirm in training mode out of ten times?

8. The other two are where I A. mistime it, or B. I miss the kick entirely.

Very first confirm. It's an example of the timing. You have to do the kick with the intention that the end of the attack animation connects. It's not too hard to get the hang of.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 13 of 20 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Feb 19, 2013

its eeasy to kc offf her kick you just have to time it right and it combo into lvl 1

Message 14 of 20 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Its simple. You shouldnt be able to grab, combo, then kill confirm, or grab and kill confirm. They took it away from raiden, it should also be taken away from Kat. it completely ruins the balance of the game when a character can kill confirm off of grabs. There are others that can KC off of grabs such as E.Cole, and Ratchet. I am all for kill confirms, but for them to be able to do it from a grab is beyond rediculous.

Message 15 of 20 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 19, 2013
That's like saying "but officer I'm innocent, I meant to cut this cake, not the little girl"
Message 16 of 20 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

False. Down Triangle Square IS a true confirm, but you have to time it so the very end of the kick connects. It CANNOT be the beginning of the kick. It is not a lag confirm.

i have more trust in you than the thread maker loll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 17 of 20 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Feb 20, 2013

NewmansSalsa wrote:

Its simple. You shouldnt be able to grab, combo, then kill confirm, or grab and kill confirm. They took it away from raiden, it should also be taken away from Kat. it completely ruins the balance of the game when a character can kill confirm off of grabs. There are others that can KC off of grabs such as E.Cole, and Ratchet. I am all for kill confirms, but for them to be able to do it from a grab is beyond rediculous.

They took away Raiden's because it led to an infinite loop online.  Ratchet's is merely a setup, and can be avoided with good timing.  I agree on ECole's, though, solely because the Giga Punch has so much priority that he doesn't really need two confirms.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 18 of 20 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Feb 20, 2013

TheAlopex wrote:

It's been confirmed that Kat's DownT->S->Lv1 is not a true kill confirm, but a lag confirm - you getting trolled by the online.

False.

So, with that aside, Kat's ONLY KC is C(with debris)->Lv1. You can combo into the C but, no matter what, that C needs to come before the Lv1. If Kat has no debris up, she can't KC into Lv1 EVER, simple as that. 

This is smart programming by the devs, so it's unlikely to be "fixed". Why?

- All you have to do to avoid Kat's KC is make sure she has no debris.

Much easier said than done. Any knockback lets her get debris up.

- Getting debris up is probably Kat's slowest and most easily interruptable move.

Yes but like I said above.

- Any single hit will knock off all of Kat's debris.

This is false. It takes a hard hit to knock it off of her. Little hits do not knock off the debris.

- Kat has one of the shortest reaches, and very few disjointed hitboxes.

She has high mobility and tricks to make up for this. It is very hard not to be caught by something and a LARGE amount of things lead into a down+c which leads into a KC.

Message 19 of 20 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Kat is a cheap **bleep**
Message 20 of 20 (41 Views)
0 Likes