Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Re: How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

Jan 8, 2013

Not really, it's a good move to catch people when they're in a bundle. I.E: The situation with Raiden and the other guy Smiley Tongue

pmarc82 wrote:

MrJak- wrote:

pmarc82 wrote:

MrJak- wrote:
I think Nariko is perfectly fine the way she is. Her level 1 isn't so bad, I was unfortunately on the recieving end of it.. along with the other 2 guys playing.

I have a fealing if you close in those gaps with her square combo, she'll just be another Raiden..

Trust me her level 1 is not that good and there is no real practical way to land it either. I bet you a single roll away or jump evade would have gotten you out. The reason it is bad is because the hotbox for the explosion is not that big.

No, me and another guy was caught in that triangle move which Raiden does, and then Nariko did her level 1.

Well that was definitely a smart way to use it but the chances of that happening often is slim

Message 11 of 21 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jan 8, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:

I think the reason why her down triangle only has a 1 frame chance of comboing into circle, is because Nariko would have combos that last for quite a long time.  Just the nature of her moves tends to make the combos quite time intensive.  There are plenty of chances, during her combos, to start it up again by circling.  If you watch any of those vids that show her 200+ ap combos, they stem from the circle actually connecting from that 1 frame.  Superbot probably figures this would have been too much if she was able to hit it everytime, so they made it a 1 frame chance.

I personally don't have issues with it.  I find her the most fun character to play with.  And I don't often use the down triangle into circle much anymore because more and more players are learning to block it, so I go into something else.

Although I'm not denying they would be long, I don't think they would intensive. Take the corner loop for example where you do jump up square into air grab. Once you try to go for the third jump up square thI opponent burst away. So the burst mechanism would keep that in check. Also i don't think the 200AP combo was a real one

Message 12 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Jan 8, 2013

pmarc82 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

I think the reason why her down triangle only has a 1 frame chance of comboing into circle, is because Nariko would have combos that last for quite a long time.  Just the nature of her moves tends to make the combos quite time intensive.  There are plenty of chances, during her combos, to start it up again by circling.  If you watch any of those vids that show her 200+ ap combos, they stem from the circle actually connecting from that 1 frame.  Superbot probably figures this would have been too much if she was able to hit it everytime, so they made it a 1 frame chance.

I personally don't have issues with it.  I find her the most fun character to play with.  And I don't often use the down triangle into circle much anymore because more and more players are learning to block it, so I go into something else.

Although I'm not denying they would be long, I don't think they would intensive. Take the corner loop for example where you do jump up square into air grab. Once you try to go for the third jump up square thI opponent burst away. So the burst mechanism would keep that in check. Also i don't think the 200AP combo was a real one

I don't think it's a real one either...but I'm still on the ropes, since it involves that circle grab.  If it hits the 1 frame grab...I guess it would be considered a combo...even though the burst doesn't eject the opponent.  I'm still scratching my head on that one.  Let me find that video.

Message 13 of 21 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jan 8, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

Can someone explain to me why Nariko's level 2 has limited ammo?

Wait! What? I don't think so unless you are trolling of course, then yes :-P

Message 14 of 21 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Check out this 200 combo...

200 Combo

The title says not a real combo...but if you watch the ap meter...it never resets.

Message 15 of 21 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Jan 8, 2013

pmarc82 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

Her level 2 has 6 shots.

Message 16 of 21 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Jan 8, 2013

pmarc82 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

Well IDK if that's how it's supposed to work, but I've noticed that if you just keep shooting and shooting her L2 ends early.

Message 17 of 21 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Actually...here's another combo...only 220 this time.

Nariko 220

I think this is the reason why that down triangle to circle was made to only be able to hit on that 1 frame, which would be unblockable, because if you could combo to a 220 like this all the time...that would probably be considered op.

Message 18 of 21 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Jan 8, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:

Her level 2 has 6 shots.

So not only does she have a time limit but also only a set number of shots? Why? That makes no sense to me.

Message 19 of 21 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

Her level 2 has 6 shots.

So not only does she have a time limit but also only a set number of shots? Why? That makes no sense to me.

I don't know. I honestly have gotten most of my kills with her level 2 so it's never been an issue. Maybe the number of shots you can get off with 6 was an appropriate time frame for the super.

Message 20 of 21 (90 Views)
0 Likes