Reply
Jan 08 2013
By: pmarc82 Lombax Warrior 133 posts
Offline

How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

20 replies 199 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

Ok I posted this in another thread but given how quickly threads die in this forum I feel like I wont get to read most of the players comments on that matter (for those that care lol). Here was my reply to a thread refering to Nariko's 1 Frame link from D2>N3

 

I still think they should do away with that one frame crap. Think about it, (1) you have the burst system in place once you cross the 100 threshold the opponent will fly away, so making it a litle easier to combo shouldnt be a problem. (2) Her level 1, and 2 are crap and 3 also depending on the stage (invasion or paris anyone). (3) Parappa also as the pull but it doesnt have the 1 frame in between. I dont see that making him overpowered (4) The grab is so unsafe it's not even funny. That's a automatic kill when done in FFA because of the long animation. (5) from inception SB wants Nariko players to be risky, meaning ppl who really know all her follow up will properly counter her. heck the CPU kratos punished my 3x sqaure with a level 1 o_o. so when you couple that with (6) the ridiculous gap in her square combos, SB is really setting her up to be bottom tier. Yes she's good in 2v2 but when it comes to 1v1 and FFA it becomes frustrating 90% of the time. and (7) most of her moves are unsafe so I dont see why she would be overpowered at all if they remove that 1 frame link. In a game like that who they hell thought of putting a 1 frame link anyway... *cough* smells like Seth Killian's work with the street fighter background *cough*

 

To fix her as I mentioned in another thread way back:

(1) Her square combo options should be overwhelming meaning she should have been a frame trap character all the way. If I have to take risk then at least give me a reward for doing so (she should have been the johnny cage of Mk9 tee hee). Why not give the opponent 1 frame to make the right decision instead to evade, counter, and grab (if that even make sense lol).

(2) Do away with the ridiculous 1 frame link for D2 into neutral 3

(3) To compensate for the buff, reduce her meter gain. (i.e combo that does 150 reduce to 120-130) that way she wont be able to abuse her godlike level 3...either that or increase her super requirement like sackboy. Im pretty sure ppl wont mind the super increase because her combos would be hell of fun to pull off XD

(4) For the love of the game PLEASE increase the hitbox on her level 1

 

my 2 cents :smileyvery-happy:

 

Do you guys think that Nariko would be overpowered if my suggestions where implemented? What would you have done differently?

Message 1 of 21 (199 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/09/2012
Offline
168 posts
 

Re: How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

Jan 8, 2013
I think Nariko is perfectly fine the way she is. Her level 1 isn't so bad, I was unfortunately on the recieving end of it.. along with the other 2 guys playing.

I have a fealing if you close in those gaps with her square combo, she'll just be another Raiden..
Message 2 of 21 (187 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

Jan 8, 2013
Ok to start what is D2 to neutral 3? Also the only real change I think she needs is giving the transferring of moves by key stances less time. It seems impossible to really link any of her square attacks together due to the time they get to escape during key stances.
Message 3 of 21 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/28/2009
Offline
133 posts
 

Re: How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

Jan 8, 2013

MrJak- wrote:
I think Nariko is perfectly fine the way she is. Her level 1 isn't so bad, I was unfortunately on the recieving end of it.. along with the other 2 guys playing.

I have a fealing if you close in those gaps with her square combo, she'll just be another Raiden..

Trust me her level 1 is not that good and there is no real practical way to land it either. I bet you a single roll away or jump evade would have gotten you out. The reason it is bad is because the hotbox for the explosion is not that big.

Message 4 of 21 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/22/2009
Online
5078 posts
 

Re: How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

I think the reason why her down triangle only has a 1 frame chance of comboing into circle, is because Nariko would have combos that last for quite a long time.  Just the nature of her moves tends to make the combos quite time intensive.  There are plenty of chances, during her combos, to start it up again by circling.  If you watch any of those vids that show her 200+ ap combos, they stem from the circle actually connecting from that 1 frame.  Superbot probably figures this would have been too much if she was able to hit it everytime, so they made it a 1 frame chance.

 

I personally don't have issues with it.  I find her the most fun character to play with.  And I don't often use the down triangle into circle much anymore because more and more players are learning to block it, so I go into something else.

 

And I've gotten most of my kills with her level 2.  Actually, on some levels, even if someone is standing next to her, you can still kill them with her cannon.


Message 5 of 21 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/28/2009
Offline
133 posts
 

Re: How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

Jan 8, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Ok to start what is D2 to neutral 3? Also the only real change I think she needs is giving the transferring of moves by key stances less time. It seems impossible to really link any of her square attacks together due to the time they get to escape during key stances.

The D2 mean down triangle (chain grab move), and neutral 3 is the circle button without pressing any direction in the D-pad. There is a 1 frame link where you can actually combo neutral circle after pulling someone towards you. It's one of the hardest to do. And I'll take it you pretty much agree with me in making the golden stance gap tighter :-)

Message 6 of 21 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/09/2012
Offline
168 posts
 

Re: How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

pmarc82 wrote:

MrJak- wrote:
I think Nariko is perfectly fine the way she is. Her level 1 isn't so bad, I was unfortunately on the recieving end of it.. along with the other 2 guys playing.

I have a fealing if you close in those gaps with her square combo, she'll just be another Raiden..

Trust me her level 1 is not that good and there is no real practical way to land it either. I bet you a single roll away or jump evade would have gotten you out. The reason it is bad is because the hotbox for the explosion is not that big.



No, me and another guy was caught in that triangle move which Raiden does, and then Nariko did her level 1.

Message 7 of 21 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/22/2012
Offline
434 posts
 

Re: How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

Jan 8, 2013
Her level one has to be set up so precisely it's ridiculous, and if u just stand right next to her, her level 2 does nothing. I love her, but she has to get a buff.
Message 8 of 21 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/28/2009
Offline
133 posts
 

Re: How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

Jan 8, 2013

MrJak- wrote:

pmarc82 wrote:

MrJak- wrote:
I think Nariko is perfectly fine the way she is. Her level 1 isn't so bad, I was unfortunately on the recieving end of it.. along with the other 2 guys playing.

I have a fealing if you close in those gaps with her square combo, she'll just be another Raiden..

Trust me her level 1 is not that good and there is no real practical way to land it either. I bet you a single roll away or jump evade would have gotten you out. The reason it is bad is because the hotbox for the explosion is not that big.



No, me and another guy was caught in that triangle move which Raiden does, and then Nariko did her level 1.


Well that was definitely a smart way to use it but the chances of that happening often is slim

Message 9 of 21 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2434 posts
 

Re: How to Buff Nariko (Discussion)

Jan 8, 2013

Can someone explain to me why Nariko's level 2 has limited ammo?

Message 10 of 21 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes