Highlighted
Nov 10 2012
By: Subtenko Fender Bender 4226 posts

How smart the in game A.I. really is..

8 replies 425 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

Has anyone wondered how smart the AI is in the game? Well you have played with players iin the ebta before. Some good, some bad, and some notible things they do. Do you think the AI will 'spam' attacks? Will the AI be smart enough to think about using their supers or saving up?

Overall I think if you know how to play and use moves wisely then the AI will be no match for you even on the hardest difficulty (for obessed PSASBR fans). Those are the people you want to watch out for online if you are playing this game casually,heh. What are your thoughts on the AI? Think they will taunt you while you cry or will you turn the tables on them?

http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 1 of 9 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Re: How smart the in game A.I. really is..

Nov 10, 2012

well from what I could see from Seth's videos the AI seems to be relatively smart. 

They seem to be more opportunistic in FFA but I have no idea how they'll behave in a 1v1 match.

Message 2 of 9 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7448 posts

Nov 10, 2012

They seem alright. I played as Big Daddy at my local Gamestop's demo and I activated Big D.'s level 2 and as soon as I activated it,Parappa used his level one and killed me.

Signature.png

Message 3 of 9 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Nov 10, 2012
The AI look terrible in the videos I've seen
Message 4 of 9 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 10, 2012

I remember in Seth's videos the CPU was alright to the point where I mistook them for players until I saw a couple of stupid actions and then I noiced the CPU icon but I assume it's better now since that was an older build.

Message 5 of 9 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 10, 2012
The AI's pretty good. I don't know what difficulty they're on at GameStop, but they played almost spotlessly at an average level. There were a few times when they derped a bit (Big Daddy stood there for like five seconds with an RPG not doing anything, Jak stood there at one point, I think I vaguely remember PaRappa using a lvl1 when nobody was nearby), but nothing much worse than the average beta player.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 6 of 9 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

The worst thing about AI is the typical CPU advantage. They will hit every time with their 1st person level 3s. They will see the invisible Sly (or worse, never even look at him because they overreact to the invisibilty)

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 7 of 9 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Nov 10, 2012
I'm sure that like in any other fighting game the AIs will cheat reading your controls to get a sure kill at higher difficulty levels, while in the low levels they will be some punching bags.
Message 8 of 9 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Lv 7 - 9 CPU in Smash Bros was actually pretty good. Hopefully, SB can program the CPU in All-Stars pretty similarly

Message 9 of 9 (152 Views)
0 Likes