Re: How much should dlc characters cost? version 2

Sep 14, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:
$7? For a character? That's way to much

They put a lot of work into the characters. I think it would be a fair price

7x24=168 plus the stages plus the soundtrack, so the game should cost around $250?

Well.. kinda.... they have to sell a lot of copies to actually make money... its cheap enough to produce the physical game, but they have to pay all their programmers, and 60$ wouldn't even pay 1 day of labor for one programmer, and they don't even get a full 60$ from the game, because everyone takes a cut.

So you would honestly pay 250 dollers for this game?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 26 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Sep 14, 2012
Redsox, dont get offended by my question but do you pay for your own games? I'm at an age where I have to buy my own games and DLC so $7 for a character is way too overpriced do chances of me getting that character is probably 0.
Message 12 of 26 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 14, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:

7x24=168 plus the stages plus the soundtrack, so the game should cost around $250?

Well.. kinda.... they have to sell a lot of copies to actually make money... its cheap enough to produce the physical game, but they have to pay all their programmers, and 60$ wouldn't even pay 1 day of labor for one programmer, and they don't even get a full 60$ from the game, because everyone takes a cut.

No. I barely want to pay 60$ for it. I don't understand why the cost can't come down a bit. That would help with game sales, even if it was just down to 50$. Was just playing Devil's advocate. I'd probably find this game to be an amazing value at 40$, reasonable at 50$, but 60$ is just a bit much. And it is for most games. Pricing really needs to be redone/reimagined.

Also, with Wii-U games going up to 60$, does anyone else think that Orbis/Durango games could go up to 70$ a pop?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 13 of 26 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Sep 14, 2012

BreadAndToast wrote:
Redsox, dont get offended by my question but do you pay for your own games? I'm at an age where I have to buy my own games and DLC so $7 for a character is way too overpriced do chances of me getting that character is probably 0.

Yeah I pay for most of my games.

But I only get 4-5 games a year

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 14 of 26 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

$7 a character is a little too pricey for me and i buy about 2 or 3 games a year...and theyre used

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 26 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 14, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:

No. I barely want to pay 60$ for it. I don't understand why the cost can't come down a bit. That would help with game sales, even if it was just down to 50$. Was just playing Devil's advocate. I'd probably find this game to be an amazing value at 40$, reasonable at 50$, but 60$ is just a bit much. And it is for most games. Pricing really needs to be redone/reimagined.

Also, with Wii-U games going up to 60$, does anyone else think that Orbis/Durango games could go up to 70$ a pop?

No because they're better then that, when they come out with a new system they can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 16 of 26 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 14, 2012
5 dollars is totally reasonable. It takes a lot of work to make a character, and on top of that has to be balanced and fit it. 5 bucks isn't that much, a cup of coffee at Starbucks can easily cost that much

Message 17 of 26 (58 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 14, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:

No because they're better then that, when they come out with a new system they can.

Thats what I was saying? The Durango, and Orbis are code names for the next Sony and microsoft systems... So when those come out, do you think games will go up in price? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Message 18 of 26 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:

Thats what I was saying? The Durango, and Orbis are code names for the next Sony and microsoft systems... So when those come out, do you think games will go up in price? 

Oh maybe, Xbox but I think PS3 will stay the same for a while.

EDIT: Sorry Orbis will stay the same.

Message 19 of 26 (52 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 14, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:

Oh maybe, Xbox but I think PS3 will stay the same for a while.

EDIT: Sorry Orbis will stay the same.

why would one go up, and not the other? 

Message 20 of 26 (43 Views)
0 Likes