killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:
$7? For a character? That's way to much

They put a lot of work into the characters. I think it would be a fair price

7x24=168 plus the stages plus the soundtrack, so the game should cost around $250?

Well.. kinda.... they have to sell a lot of copies to actually make money... its cheap enough to produce the physical game, but they have to pay all their programmers, and 60$ wouldn't even pay 1 day of labor for one programmer, and they don't even get a full 60$ from the game, because everyone takes a cut.

So you would honestly pay 250 dollers for this game?

No. I barely want to pay 60$ for it. I don't understand why the cost can't come down a bit. That would help with game sales, even if it was just down to 50$. Was just playing Devil's advocate. I'd probably find this game to be an amazing value at 40$, reasonable at 50$, but 60$ is just a bit much. And it is for most games. Pricing really needs to be redone/reimagined.

Also, with Wii-U games going up to 60$, does anyone else think that Orbis/Durango games could go up to 70$ a pop?

No because they're better then that, when they come out with a new system they can.

no. they will not go up to $70. you do realize that even with the SNES games cost about the same as today right? they wont increase in price unless the economy gets even worse. and even than its really iffy.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 22 of 26 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Re: How much should dlc characters cost? version 2

Sep 14, 2012

OMG so you have someone who actually said 7x24 WHAT your not buying every character the dlc characters are extras you have to buy in the ps store.Then you have someone who believes without DLC componies would not be able to survive...right because thats how its always been right?Oh no wait DLC is a new thing guess i FORGOT.Now im not saying DLC is bad and im not saying it isn't very useful and im also not saying i won't buy the game and some DLC and maybe eventually all of the DLC(at least all of the characters i want to play as).Also im not going to guess what its going to cost or say what i think it should cost because ultimately it will cost whatever they think it should cost.

Message 23 of 26 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Characters: $4 each and a bundle of 3 for $10.

Stages: $7

Message 24 of 26 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Sep 14, 2012

they should be free. i hate when companys charge for a character in a fighting game. that destroys the balance of the game imo. stages, modes and costumes however are a different story.

COME ON, PRINNY FOR PASBR!!
Message 25 of 26 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Sep 14, 2012

UnleashedMonkey wrote:

they should be free. i hate when companys charge for a character in a fighting game. that destroys the balance of the game imo. stages, modes and costumes however are a different story.

No way! Even though it might be nice for the consumer, not good for the developers. It takes/costs a lot to get a character in.

Message 26 of 26 (29 Views)
0 Likes