Message 21 of 36 (131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Re: How many sales to be successful?

Oct 24, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Which makes this game, as what I believe is a low budget AAA game, to probably be successful somewhere between one million and two million.

I can see it doing that if they advertise correctly. It also depends how they play down (or up even) its comparisons to Super Smash Bros.

Yeah, but I think they're doing good with advertising atm ever since they finally started advertising it.

Agreed, the ads we've seen seem to have had a strong reaction from the public so far. Sony does have a tendency to screw these things up, though (advertising things). TIme will tell.

Message 22 of 36 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 24, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Which makes this game, as what I believe is a low budget AAA game, to probably be successful somewhere between one million and two million.

I can see it doing that if they advertise correctly. It also depends how they play down (or up even) its comparisons to Super Smash Bros.

Yeah, but I think they're doing good with advertising atm ever since they finally started advertising it.

Agreed, the ads we've seen seem to have had a strong reaction from the public so far. Sony does have a tendency to screw these things up, though (advertising things). TIme will tell.

Sony has never truely relied on advertising their products though, they mainly rely on the quality of their products to sale what they have.  Which has been working for them since the PSOne and still is actually.

Message 23 of 36 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Oct 24, 2012
I'm expecting upwards of 5 million lifetime including vita sales. This game will have some huge legs if it gets off to a good start. PSASBR is guaranteed to get a sequel/DLC if the general reviewer has as much fun with it as we are having with just the beta.
Message 24 of 36 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Sony has never truely relied on advertising their products though, they mainly rely on the quality of their products to sale what they have.  Which has been working for them since the PSOne and still is actually.

Eh... That works well in a niche crowd. But since Gaming has blown up into a much more casual area, advertising has become much more important. Its a big reason they lost a lot of their hold on the market at the beginning of the gen. Quality can only sell so much when other people's products are in your face. It certainly would sell a bit for this game, but I don't think it would be enough. They've come a long way since then in their ability to advertise (at least for gaming), but I can't totally trust them to do well.

Message 25 of 36 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 24, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Eh... That works well in a niche crowd. But since Gaming has blown up into a much more casual area, advertising has become much more important. Its a big reason they lost a lot of their hold on the market at the beginning of the gen. Quality can only sell so much when other people's products are in your face. It certainly would sell a bit for this game, but I don't think it would be enough. They've come a long way since then in their ability to advertise (at least for gaming), but I can't totally trust them to do well.

Yeah they lost a good amount of the market in the start of this generation but that wasn't from bad advertising.  That was more of they released bad product in the beginning because they have their hold back in the most of the market again.  They hold JP, most of asia and most of Europe.

Message 26 of 36 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Has anyone acctually bought the game yet? As in fully paid off thier pre-order? I did last month.

PSASBR wishlist: Kat (CHECK), Chimera, Cloud, Isaac Clarke (CHECK), Chell, Scorpion, Nightmare, Ryu.
Message 27 of 36 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Yeah they lost a good amount of the market in the start of this generation but that wasn't from bad advertising.  That was more of they released bad product in the beginning because they have their hold back in the most of the market again.  They hold JP, most of asia and most of Europe.

But not NA, which seems to love its advertising for whatever reason.

Message 28 of 36 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Yeah they lost a good amount of the market in the start of this generation but that wasn't from bad advertising.  That was more of they released bad product in the beginning but they have their hold back in the most of the market again.  They hold JP, most of asia and most of Europe.

But not NA, which seems to love its advertising for whatever reason.

Yeah, North America is a weird place that thinks its normal.

Message 29 of 36 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
572 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Despite the Sony fanboys, the game might gonna received about 800,000. however within the year 2013 or 2014 (if SSB4 released) the game gonna received a million.

Message 30 of 36 (70 Views)
0 Likes