Jan 04 2013
By: MercenaryDemon Hekseville Citizen 361 posts

How future DLC "should" be handled.

[ Edited ]
3 replies 176 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

I recall seeing or reading about (I can't recall) an interview where one of the Superbot employees (I think it was Omar) talked about how they didn't know how to handle dlc maps. So I want who ever in Superbot is in charge of viewing these posts to pass this one in particular to whom ever is in charge of such protocols.

I think that the only proper way to handle dlc maps would be by having them playable on rank only and bundled with characters.

Here are my reasons:

1.Not having them playable in rank matches would divide the online community.

2.Separating maps as single dlc would most likely detain some, if not many, people from buying it as there would be no incentive of buying it considering number one (i.e. being already capable of playing the map without buying it, albeit only in rank).

3.Being bundled with characters would raise the incentive as many, if not all, would want the characters playable.

Yes, I understand that this would most likely hike up the price of a single dlc (and as mentioned before, some or many of the players would not want to buy the maps), but this option is probably the only one where map dlc is possible from a business and a non-online breaking perspective. (Business perspective has to be considered if people want to see more maps in the future)

Edit: Darn forum posted it as a paragraph

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Re: How future DLC "should" be handled.

Jan 4, 2013

Stages, items should be free, everything else should cost money to be fair, imo

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Stages are too elaborate, I doubt they are easily made (unless someone knows otherwise). So they are probably going to be priced.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Jan 4, 2013
imo,
3rd party is gonna be paid, chances of them getting the '2 week for free' treatment is slim,
and 1st party would get that treatment...
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (90 Views)
0 Likes