Highlighted
Jan 20 2013
By: TwistedAvenger Uncharted Territory 1622 posts

How do you think Emmett will be played?

[ Edited ]
19 replies 238 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

Honestly I am asking this because when I look at his moves I can see him being played by camping on a side of a map behind his flak turret, firing rockets, rift extracter out collecting ap, and having his shotgun supply bunker next to him as well so he can change weapons fast when people come after him assuming he can have them all out at the same time (I can't see him not being able to) I think this could prove pretty effective on maps like metropolis with the platform raised. How do you guys think people will play him?

Message 1 of 20 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: How do you think Emmett will be played?

Jan 20, 2013
Just to add not saying I think he will be a cheap character, but can see a stragety like this being pretty effective on some stages.
Message 2 of 20 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Jan 20, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:

Honestly I am asking this because when I look at his moves I can see him being played by camping on a side of a map behind his flak turret, firing rockets, rift extracter out collecting ap, and having his shotgun supply bunker next to him as well so he can change weapons fast when people come after him assuming he can have them all out at the same time (I can't see him not being able to) I think this could prove pretty effective on maps like metropolis with the platform raised. How do you guys think people will play him?

Wow, that is EXACTLY how i was planning on playing him, too.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 3 of 20 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Let's put it this way, if a character has a trap move, or something similar to a trap, I will use the hell out of it, the turret is a good candidate for this and since it actually causes flinching I can see it helping Emmit with combos, also it'd be good for controlling space which can make landing supers easier for him.

I've said on another thread before but I can very much see Emmit dominating in 2v2 with a multitude of different partners, he could set up a turret and keep the other team at bay while Parappa or Toro can get some AP out of their AP generating moves, Emmit can set up a turret and he and maybe a Radec, Ratchet, or Jak partner can just shower the other team with projectiles, and ya know god help you if you fight a team of 2 Emmits. though of course this would depend on the stages, most of these strategies would work great in the Resistance stage or Metropolis but in stages like the LocoRoco stage you'll have to come up with something else which shouldn't hurt Emmit too much.
Message 4 of 20 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Jan 20, 2013
This just makes him sound like an incredibly cheap character, worse than any of the roster thus far.
Message 5 of 20 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I wouldn't say he'd be cheap just probably the best long ranged fighter in the game plus I'm sure the turret can be destroyed.

Message 6 of 20 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Jan 20, 2013
He's probably gonna play like Radec but better.
Message 7 of 20 (203 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Yeah idk I looked at his move set and just thought of this and can see him being played like this.
Message 8 of 20 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Also yeah I agree I see him being great in 2v2 just picture him with like Ratchet with an electric wall set up with a turret parked right next to it as he fires rockets and Ratchet just uses his plasma striker or constructo pistol.

Message 9 of 20 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Oh yeah and again since the turret shots do cause flinching, this would be great to extend combos for some of the close range characters.

Message 10 of 20 (185 Views)
0 Likes