Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Re: How do you choose your Main?

Aug 7, 2012
The process is always the same no matter what the game

1. Play as the characters you think are coolest. Get a feel for them and see if any have a play style that works for you. If they do, boom you have a main

2. If they don't you just continue trying all the characters until you find the ones that suit you

So all in all. Its looks and play style. I also personally tend to go for characters that are unpopular. If there's a character people generally view as weaker, I will go out of my way to master them and main them

I'll generally main 3 characters at once. One is always the coolest. Two is always the weird one. The third is another of either of the above
Message 31 of 35 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Aug 7, 2012

I have a group of six or so people who I play most of my games with. In games with rosters will always make sure we have different mains, so that plays a factor in who I pick. Typically I go for the lamest characters, in smash I was King Dedede and Jigglypuff, because I know my friends won't pick them. If my preferences change they change, but that's how I usually pick.

Message 32 of 35 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Aug 7, 2012

For me its the first 3 tied together, I always go for the heavy hitters like Sweet Tooth and Kratos. Not only that but their stories of how they came to be are epic and bloody LOL. As far as looks go it depends on their alternate costumes, for example I prefer the normal look of Sweet Tooth over his Starhawk appearance.

Message 33 of 35 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Well I normally just choose whatever character is the most fun to play, in SSB I always either played Captain Falcon or Ganon even though they both suck. But it depends if I felt like going beast mode and winning i'd switch to Ike or Falco. It really does depend

Message 34 of 35 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Aug 7, 2012

2 and 3. I wanna look cool while killing peole!

Message 35 of 35 (28 Views)
0 Likes