Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 07 2012
By: yooobooyj Wastelander 756 posts

How do you choose your Main?

[ Edited ]
34 replies 311 views Edited Aug 7, 2012

As the question says how do you pick your main for a fighting game.

1) Personality - In other words if u like the character u learn to use them regardless of their skill

2) Your Fighting Style - If u can only play as speedy characters then u pick the speedy character. If u like being a grabber u pick the grappling character

3) Looks - If they look cool then they're your pick

4) Go with the crowd - If u see everyone being a certain character in a fighting game u choose them because... well because everyone's choosing them

5) Other - Your own personal reasons

Personally I choose the 1st option because I only pick a character I like regardless of skill. 

So how do you choose your main?

Message 1 of 35 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Re: How do you choose your Main?

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2012

It's a bit of a mix between personality and fighting style for me. Mainly 1 just because that's the whole reason I'm even interested in games like this and Smash bros, but also 2 because it allows me to get into new series I haven't played yet with their characters since they might seem interesting and become likable to me. Not to mention that I just like variety from what I would usually pick for 2. But I would never do 3 because I am just not the type of person who's into tiers/fads or anything of the sort.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 2 of 35 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 7, 2012

or you could put a bunch of their pictures on a wall, blindfold yourself, than toss darts:smileyhappy: see which character you hit.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 3 of 35 (306 Views)
Wastelander
644 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2012

To be honest, #1, even if it's kinda stupid to do it that way, I just feel like the most exciting piece of this game is that you get to play as all those characters that you love in one game. It's really compelling for me in that way.

Okay, I'm Done Being a walking billboard for the game. Haha

Message 4 of 35 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Aug 7, 2012
I start off just picking the characters that I like most, than it goes to playstyle. I usually pick 2 characters I rotate between, like in Smash I played Link and Fox all the time.
Message 5 of 35 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Aug 7, 2012
Personality, fighting style, and how many people I can **bleep** off by winning as them.
Message 6 of 35 (289 Views)
Sackboy
563 posts

Aug 7, 2012
Playstyle. Hate Killzone. Mains Radec.
Message 7 of 35 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Aug 7, 2012

For me, it's number 4 and number 1. 

Message 8 of 35 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Aug 7, 2012

When I come to a game like this I come with the idea of representing my favorite franchise. In the case of this game, it's Sly Cooper and Infamous...so Sly and Cole will most definitely be my mains. I like those games the most out of Playstation's catalog of IPs. I also just like Sly as a character...probably more than Cole...but I really like Cole's powerset. I never focus on who is top tier...I just try to stay loyal to my choices and get as good as I possibly can with those certain characters.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 35 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Aug 7, 2012
#1, #2, and #5.

#5 because in this case there maybe a character that you liked because of what he/she was in the game series they represent.
Message 10 of 35 (247 Views)
0 Likes