Dec 16 2012
By: Ninja_Panda First Son 9 posts

How do super interruptions work?

7 replies 225 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

I have a question about interrupting supers.

Sometimes I have my super interrupted by another character,

and because I started my super, I am now without AP. 

Yet there have been other times where my super starts, gets interrupted,

and yet I haven't lost AP. Is that a glitch? Or is there a method to this 

madness.

Also, is there some sort of guideline to when and how supers get interrupted?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1125 posts

Re: How do super interruptions work?

Dec 16, 2012
Okay first things first IN THE GAME theirs a tutorial about that go and do it. Then after that take notice u can stop level 1 supers with ease and level 2 supers with UR level 1 super if u time it right
ps allstar  sig

farts.... excuse me.. *farts louder
Message 2 of 8 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Also, it depends on the character. Sly's level 1 is dang near uninterruptible, while Big Daddies can be interrupted by sneezing on the other side of the stage.
Message 3 of 8 (214 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Like all fighting games, all actions have something you can think of as "start up" frames -- some more vulnerable than others.

Though the 2nd situation the OP described is a glitch, it is possible and an intentional feature to snuff out supers. This makes it a generally bad idea for many of the characters to spam the use of their supers while they are being hit because they could potentially burn their meter without actually getting the attack animation out.

Generally you can snuff a level 1 by hitting them right before their frames become active to save yourself. Be careful when snuffing a level 2 super though, because though you can definitely interrupt the startup frames of some level 2s, their effects may still be active. For example: Raiden's level 2. On a few occasions, I've seen the starting bubble effect nullified, wherein the opponents who were in range and should have been frozen were not. However, Raiden was still glowing and able to continue the rest of his mode where he can slash an opponent and kill them.

Hope I didn't make that too complicated... o.o

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 4 of 8 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Level 1 supers can be stopped by regular attacks. Level 2 supers can be stopped by Supers. Level 3 supers are rarely interrupted by other supers.

When you haven't lost AP, you have probably had enough AP for another level 1 or 2. Unless you are sure you did not lose AP at all, then that is a glitch. 

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 5 of 8 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 16, 2012

johngie wrote:
Also, it depends on the character. Sly's level 1 is dang near uninterruptible, while Big Daddies can be interrupted by sneezing on the other side of the stage.

I believe sly's is actually completely uninterupptable. Once you use it, the hippo keeps going, even if sly has been sent flying away

Message 6 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Plasmakirby wrote:

johngie wrote:

I believe sly's is actually completely uninterupptable. Once you use it, the hippo keeps going, even if sly has been sent flying away

There actually a split second before murray comes out.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 7 of 8 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Okay thanks everyone, in terms of interruptions, that's what I figured.

And as for the left over AP, that makes sense, especially because being close

to a level 2 might be worth more than one level 1 super

Message 8 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes