Highlighted
Feb 05 2013
By: Breaker_Ki Sackboy 528 posts

How did Cloud beat Sephiroth in the pole

13 replies 261 views Edited Feb 5, 2013

Maybe people just think his sword is too big to be fair, but it probably wouldn't have more reach than Kratos...

Though, you know what I'd buy...

Final Fantasy All Stars, lol (this is what Versus should be)

Message 1 of 14 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Re: How did Cloud beat Sephiroth in the pole

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Maybe because people actually like Cloud more then Sephiroth. That actually makes more sense.

Message 2 of 14 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Feb 5, 2013

^

Now now, there's no sense in being rational.

Message 3 of 14 (254 Views)
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Feb 5, 2013

lol

Message 4 of 14 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Lightning beat Sephiroth too.

Message 5 of 14 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Probably the same reason stupid people here seem to favor Nathan Hale over a Chimera Hybrid

"Wii haf to hav gud gaiz duur"

Message 6 of 14 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 5, 2013
stereotype Emohero over interwebz mancrush?
==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 7 of 14 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

whenever you're playing a game that's set up like a long, massive quest, you really get to know the person you're playing as.  You get to see he or she at the highest point and the lowest point of his or her life and how he or she overcomes all of the odds.  You also learn all of his or her moves and how each of them work.  That's why i believe cloud and lightning beat sephiroth in the poll.  Being able to play as them again after going on a long quest with them is almost like a reunion with a friend 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 14 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Feb 5, 2013

this_is_Marko wrote:

whenever you're playing a game that's set up like a long, massive quest, you really get to know the person you're playing as.  You get to see he or she at the highest point and the lowest point of his or her life and how he or she overcomes all of the odds.  You also learn all of his or her moves and how each of them work.  That's why i believe cloud and lightning beat sephiroth in the poll.  Being able to play as them again after going on a long quest with them is almost like a reunion with a friend 

Well, Sephiroth isn't particularly complicated anyway. Once he learns of his origin, he's pretty set on what he's going to do.

All of the protagonists in VII are supposed to express the various feelings that Producer Hironobu Sakaguchi was going through when his mother passed away.
Barret - Anger
Tifa - Optimism
Aeris - Ambition (Which can be a dangerous thing...)
Red XIII - Logic
Cait Sith - Deceit
Vincent - Depression
Cid - Frustration
Yuffie - Trust

And Cloud...was his confusion. Much like a player taking in an entire fictional world, he was just trying to make sense of it all. His character arc, which takes up most of the game, is far more interesting and engaging than a villain that just wants to destroy everything... because talent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 9 of 14 (139 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

Well, Sephiroth isn't particularly complicated anyway. Once he learns of his origin, he's pretty set on what he's going to do.

All of the protagonists in VII are supposed to express the various feelings that Producer Hironobu Sakaguchi was going through when his mother passed away.
Barret - Anger
Tifa - Optimism
Aeris - Ambition (Which can be a dangerous thing...)
Red XIII - Logic
Cait Sith - Deceit
Vincent - Depression
Cid - Frustration
Yuffie - Trust

And Cloud...was his confusion. Much like a player taking in an entire fictional world, he was just trying to make sense of it all. His character arc, which takes up most of the game, is far more interesting and engaging than a villain that just wants to destroy everything... because talent.

I thank you for taking the time to type that. You taught me something new about a game I enjoyed and I appreciate that.

Message 10 of 14 (130 Views)
0 Likes