Jan 11 2013
By: n00ne_imp0rtant Splicer 53 posts

How are belt ranks calculated?

5 replies 142 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

Are they proportional to score or place? What the actual values added/subtracted to your belt based on these? I ask because it seems to me like it's a bit easier to go up than to go down.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10861 posts

Re: How are belt ranks calculated?

Jan 11, 2013
Proportional to place. Beat someone above you, +x (the higher the better). Lose to someone lower, -x.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jan 11, 2013
That's what I don't like about it. I think it should have more to do with score, and less to do with place. I've been in high scoring games against higher-ranked players where I've finished in last, but still had a pretty respectable POSITIVE score of 3, and still lost like 9 BP. Often times I actually play pretty well, but get penalized just because obviously someone has to finish dead-last.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (114 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 11, 2013
I never thought of that. That's a very interesting point
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Yeah, it just seems to be so much easier to drop drastically than to climb steadily, especially if you're an average-at-best player like myself. I just feel that it's ridiculous to lose BP because I get beat by much better players who, frankly, are supposed to beat me.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 12, 2013

BDurk15 wrote:
That's what I don't like about it. I think it should have more to do with score, and less to do with place. I've been in high scoring games against higher-ranked players where I've finished in last, but still had a pretty respectable POSITIVE score of 3, and still lost like 9 BP. Often times I actually play pretty well, but get penalized just because obviously someone has to finish dead-last.

If they decide to do it like that, it should be relative score rather than just your score. To clarify, it should be your score compared with your enemy's score, but it should also be about what your belt is vs what their belt is because if you managed to get 15+ score against nubs, you'd get further than you actually deserved for the match.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (57 Views)
0 Likes