Oct 05 2012
By: gh3555 Splicer 71 posts

How Well Do You Think The Game Will Do

14 replies 195 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

In all honesty what are everyone's expectations with the sales of this game? I already paid off the game and can't wait but I can't help thinking this game might be a flop sales wise (I hope it isn't) I've seen some youtube ads, but as we know Sony isn't the best with marketing their games. Plus the recent controversy will probably hurt this game as well if proven true. I don't mean to sound negative but I guess I wanted to start a thread that wasn't so heavy on character talk.

Message 1 of 15 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: How Well Do You Think The Game Will Do

Oct 5, 2012
Dont worry about the controversy. The people complaining will buy the game. They always do.

But yeah I think this game will do well. It was the most popular games at the Sony event yesterday and I've seen alot of hype from people there and that was just in Toronto. Japan seems pretty excited for this game as well even though it was just for mainly Toro.
http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 2 of 15 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Everyone wanted to play all-stars there.
Abe for All-Stars!!!
Message 3 of 15 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

i will certainly be picking it up but i feel like it might not sell well.  the public doesn't think highly of this game already (thinks its a smash clone or doesn't know about it) and the "professional" game reviewers will let their bias get the best of them.  sorry to sound so negative and i really want this game to do well but thats my prediction

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 15 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I dont think it will sell great the first day or maybe first week, but over time itll sell a lot

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 5 of 15 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I think it will sell great! It might even sell well without ads. I already convinced 4 of my friends into getting this game and they're down for it, thats what i think will sell this game well but it would be nice to get some advertisements
Message 6 of 15 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I personally love this game, but I don't think it will do too well critically or commercially. I really want it to succeed though.
Message 7 of 15 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Oct 5, 2012
well it will do well critically on IGN thats for sure! IGN are one of the best review company plus if it goes like always then the reviewers will see the potential after playing it for a while
Message 8 of 15 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Oct 5, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

i will certainly be picking it up but i feel like it might not sell well.  the public doesn't think highly of this game already (thinks its a smash clone or doesn't know about it) and the "professional" game reviewers will let their bias get the best of them.  sorry to sound so negative and i really want this game to do well but thats my prediction

I don't think the casuals will let IGN's reviews sway them too much since they are apparently the cool thing to hate nowadays. However, the bias that everyone has toward this game will definately affect how people judge it. 

The Party Panda.png

Message 9 of 15 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I personally think its gonna do okay but not get the sales it was expected to get, why,

1-well the roster has turned some people off with choices like "dante", raiden, fat princess, big daddy, 2 coles, etc...

2-there are other games people want and everyone doesnt want to spend $60 on a fighting game, especially since nowadays they release the complete addition the year after, for cheaper

3-people will think its a smash rip off

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 10 of 15 (102 Views)
0 Likes