Survivor
2179 posts

Re: How PSASBR can become even better

Feb 16, 2013

My only worries about having multiple characters from one franchise is that they might pull a SSB with this one. I mean

Fox = Falco, Wolf

Link = Toon Link 

Ganondorf = Captain Falcon

Lucario = Mewtwo

The one thing about this game is that every character is unique. If they really can make individual movesets for all the characters then go ahead and add moar.

Message 11 of 28 (117 Views)
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 16, 2013

ugliey wrote:
In my opinion it feels like a smartened up version of
"Yo Sony can we have Kuo"
"OK, lol"
As opposed to
"Yo Sony, can we have a resistance rep"
"OK, lol"

Are you saying that we are saying that instead of adding in new titles we replace them by titles already in? Because that's not what I meant. I would like new titles in this game, but it woud of been cool if they had multiple characters from each titles. This is more like a "why not both" instead of replacing one. 

But like I said, having multiple characters from one game seems like a better idea in a sequel than this game. I'm sure people would throw a fuss if they started adding them in now.

Message 12 of 28 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Needs more modes
Message 13 of 28 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Feb 16, 2013

MckConor wrote:

Hi guys, its my first post here, and I think I know what exactly would put PSASBR on top in the fighter games genre.

Simply it's character choice. Sony have a huge bank of characters to draw from to enhance the video game's choice, yet they only have 22 characters as of now. 

The biggest problem is the lack of choice for the player in choosing a character from their favourite game series.

What I mean is, for example, the game only has Cole from inFamous, when it could have included Zeke, Kuo and Nix from the same series. Each with their own unique move sets and stories. It would add more depth and choice to the game. Brief cameos from characters as minions doesn't exactly fill the want for actual playable characters.

I understand what I am suggesting is a lot of work, but I honestly think it would be worth it, as large quantity of characters would certainly give the game a good unique selling point.

Reply with what you think, and please realise I'm not trolling or slating the game, it is fantastic. Just a suggestion for the future of PSASBR Smiley Happy

Thanks for reading! Hope you agree!

We don't want it to be a clonefest like Street Fighter and Super Smash Bros, thank you.

Message 14 of 28 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 16, 2013

RaiXku wrote:

My only worries about having multiple characters from one franchise is that they might pull a SSB with this one. I mean

Fox = Falco, Wolf

Link = Toon Link 

Ganondorf = Captain Falcon

Lucario = Mewtwo

The one thing about this game is that every character is unique. If they really can make individual movesets for all the characters then go ahead and add moar.

I'd hope not, I'm sure they can do it without cloning characters. I mean if we had Sly Cooper, Bentley and Murray they'd play differently. Same with Ratche, Clank, Quark, Nefarious. 

Message 15 of 28 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 16, 2013
If they add reps from series that already have reps then they are taking the place of a rep from other PS series.

Let me put you in a hypothetical situation.
You're on the forums and then you see an interesting article, "Activision gives permission for Sony to include Crash bandicoot in Play station All stars battle royale" Fantastic news, there are statements from game devs that Crash and even spyro are likely to be announced in March and the community is begging for them. In march game devs reveal that "actually we would rather include a couple random sidekicks and villains"

How do you feel?
Message 16 of 28 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Modes like ctf and others
Message 17 of 28 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 16, 2013

ugliey wrote:
If they add reps from series that already have reps then they are taking the place of a rep from other PS series.

Let me put you in a hypothetical situation.
You're on the forums and then you see an interesting article, "Activision gives permission for Sony to include Crash bandicoot in Play station All stars battle royale" Fantastic news, there are statements from game devs that Crash and even spyro are likely to be announced in March and the community is begging for them. In march game devs reveal that "actually we would rather include a couple random sidekicks and villains"

How do you feel?

I don't think that's how it works...

Message 18 of 28 (88 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 16, 2013
How the hell would capture the flag work in a brawler?

Also, Narwhal I don't think that's how it works either but imagine if that did happen.
Message 19 of 28 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 16, 2013

ugliey wrote:
How the hell would capture the flag work in a brawler?

Also, Narwhal I don't think that's how it works either but imagine if that did happen.

It'd be pretty crazy if it did. But I guess what you said in your post before is what some people feel about Raiden being in instead of Snake.

But what I meant by adding in multiple characters with the main character. Like how in SSB they had Mario and then Luigi, Bowser, Peach, ect. 
Not every title would have the same number of characters in though, some would probably still just have one. 

Message 20 of 28 (72 Views)
0 Likes