Feb 16 2013
By: MckConor Lombax Warrior 161 posts

How PSASBR can become even better

27 replies 331 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

Hi guys, its my first post here, and I think I know what exactly would put PSASBR on top in the fighter games genre.

Simply it's character choice. Sony have a huge bank of characters to draw from to enhance the video game's choice, yet they only have 22 characters as of now. 

The biggest problem is the lack of choice for the player in choosing a character from their favourite game series.

What I mean is, for example, the game only has Cole from inFamous, when it could have included Zeke, Kuo and Nix from the same series. Each with their own unique move sets and stories. It would add more depth and choice to the game. Brief cameos from characters as minions doesn't exactly fill the want for actual playable characters.

I understand what I am suggesting is a lot of work, but I honestly think it would be worth it, as large quantity of characters would certainly give the game a good unique selling point.

Reply with what you think, and please realise I'm not trolling or slating the game, it is fantastic. Just a suggestion for the future of PSASBR Smiley Happy

Thanks for reading! Hope you agree!

Message 1 of 28 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
505 posts

Re: How PSASBR can become even better

Feb 16, 2013

I agree with the game not having enough characters but the game really doesnt need a buntch of characters from the sam game. What this game really needs is a story mode not just an arcade mode.

psasbrtpcftf.png

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 28 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Feb 16, 2013
What this game needs is marketing.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 28 (310 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 16, 2013
This game needs glitch fixes so it can be properly marketed.
Message 4 of 28 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 16, 2013

I agree on multiple characters from one game; it would expand the roster by a lot.

Everytime somebody makes a suggestion on these forums I feel like people always assume it has to cancel other things out. I've suggested this before and people act like I'm saying to not add any new titles and just expand from the current ones. 

Although I feel like doing this would be better left to a sequel if one were to come.

Message 5 of 28 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9965 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Yeah adding characters from the same game would be better for a sequel. Then we could have people like:

Zeus
Mr. Grimm
Kuro
Lazarovich
Spectre
Kuo or Nix
Lammy
And many more
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 6 of 28 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Exactly, there's so much possibilty for added choice for the player. I'd have loved to see characters like Quark and Nefarious as playable characters, not just background entities. I think it could be a good USP for the game, quantity AND quality.
Message 7 of 28 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 16, 2013
In my opinion I like only having 1 fighter from each series except inFAMOUS. In SSBB it feels like they were rolling in everybody just for fan service, that's what's good here. It is a mascot game but it is competitive, complex and serious and not just fan service.
Message 8 of 28 (241 Views)
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 16, 2013

ugliey wrote:
In my opinion I like only having 1 fighter from each series except inFAMOUS. In SSBB it feels like they were rolling in everybody just for fan service, that's what's good here. It is a mascot game but it is competitive, complex and serious and not just fan service.

I'm pretty sure fan service is okay, since they have said before that this game was made for the fans of Playstation.

Message 9 of 28 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 16, 2013
In my opinion it feels like a smartened up version of
"Yo Sony can we have Kuo"
"OK, lol"
As opposed to
"Yo Sony, can we have a resistance rep"
"OK, lol"