Nov 05 2012
By: COREYMCGUIRE1993 I Only Post Everything 1014 posts

How I think the tournament scene would benefit

15 replies 237 views Edited Nov 5, 2012

Now this should not be done now, we still don't know really how this game works. But this is just talking about the way the rules should be done or shouldn't be done so everyone chip in.

From viewing the MLG tournament I wasn't all that hype but the only time I got hype was because of things that ive hardly seen before and the FFA thing isn't really doing the tournament setting justice. What I think should be done to make the game really hype and get people more excited that are viewing the game is have 1v1 so that the game isn't interrupted, turn off hazards (doest need to happen, just a thought), turn off items and have a first to 5 kills.

I think the FFA thing is just too random and that's exactly my thoughts on viewing the tournament tonight, it was really random. If you watch the Omar and Clockw0rk match that was brilliant and ive even given that link to people bashing the game on youtube because in sure that would turn them around. It had everything you would hope for: combos, level 3, great set ups, proper blocking and thought on what should be done in that moment. It really opened my eyes more for having a tournament scene with Playstation All-Stars.

Message 1 of 16 (237 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Re: How I think the tournament scene would benefit

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

Obviously the game will lean towards 1v1 stock because that is basically standard. It was Superbot's, I believe, (in my opinion odd) decision to push FFA at this event.

Message 2 of 16 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
647 posts

Nov 5, 2012
I talked to Andrew and they were gonna do 2v2, but mlg said no

http://playstationallstarsbattleroyale.weebly.com/

The Official Best Place To Get All Info On PASBR!
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Nov 5, 2012
really... no one wants to have an input/opinion?
Message 4 of 16 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 5, 2012
2v2 is the competitive standard in the Superbot office (according to Seth). It was pretty intense in the beta too.
Message 5 of 16 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Nov 5, 2012
For tournaments like evo, it should be 1v1 stock or kill limit. For any other ones it should be randomized to show everything possible in the game. Meaning 2v2 and FFA also. Why not throw 3v1 in there also :smileyhappy:
Message 6 of 16 (131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Nov 5, 2012

barker09 wrote:
2v2 is the competitive standard in the Superbot office (according to Seth). It was pretty intense in the beta too.

the problem with 2v2 though guys is its not going to get many entrants. look at SFXT, i remember the week before evo (yes, i follow the FGC (fighting game community) people were not entering and people were annoyed that they HAD to have a partner to play.

I know they are different games but i can see the same happening. The true tournament experience is 1v1 and first to kills imo so that people's skill comes into play and isnt random like FFA and 2v2 would also be random

It would also be easier on the eyes for the viewers, it is harder to see the game because the camera pans out so far and you cant see the whole game because there are 4 players at either end of the arena.

What i want are combos, skills ie blocking and being smart. you really cant do that if you are trying a combo and are randomly sniped by a Radec. 

Message 7 of 16 (109 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
For tournaments like evo, it should be 1v1 stock or kill limit. For any other ones it should be randomized to show everything possible in the game. Meaning 2v2 and FFA also. Why not throw 3v1 in there also :smileyhappy:

3v1 would NEVER happen XD. As for 2v2... im all for 2v2 IF they have the 1v1 tournament as the main tournament. 2v2 should just be casuals or if they use it as a tournament it shouldnt have the larger money prize. 

Message 8 of 16 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 5, 2012
a 3v1 tournament would be a terrible idea lol
Message 9 of 16 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Nov 5, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:

Now this should not be done now, we still don't know really how this game works. But this is just talking about the way the rules should be done or shouldn't be done so everyone chip in.

From viewing the MLG tournament I wasn't all that hype but the only time I got hype was because of things that ive hardly seen before and the FFA thing isn't really doing the tournament setting justice. What I think should be done to make the game really hype and get people more excited that are viewing the game is have 1v1 so that the game isn't interrupted, turn off hazards (doest need to happen, just a thought), turn off items and have a first to 5 kills.

I think the FFA thing is just too random and that's exactly my thoughts on viewing the tournament tonight, it was really random. If you watch the Omar and Clockw0rk match that was brilliant and ive even given that link to people bashing the game on youtube because in sure that would turn them around. It had everything you would hope for: combos, level 3, great set ups, proper blocking and thought on what should be done in that moment. It really opened my eyes more for having a tournament scene with Playstation All-Stars.

I completely agree that 4v4 should not be the tournament standard. Frankly, 4v4 FFA is just for short, random games that in no way show how competitive this game really is. 1v1 or 2v2 is where its at :smileyhappy:

ouyofo.jpg

Message 10 of 16 (100 Views)
0 Likes