Feb 24 2013
By: Aylas_Hero Survivor 2365 posts

How Can I Improve?

7 replies 138 views Edited Feb 24, 2013

Hello everyone!

Yep, another thread by Aylas_Hero, I know I have a lot but manage with me for this one.

I know I spam a lot of links over to my chat, I advertise my tournaments a LOT, and it's probably annoying at times I know.

I'm here hoping I can get some feedback on how to make things better.

A lot of you know I run a LOT of tournaments every week on my site, more then any other site I know of at this time. And I want to make it so more and more people come visit to play a few matches, whether for fun or competitive every week.

So I'm here to ask you: how can I improve? What new events could I run? How can I advertise more effectively to not clog up thee forums? Are there places/days/times when people are having a hard time playing so they might want a tournament that day? ANYTHING you think could make what I do so more of you can enjoy it tell me by posting below! I look forward to all your answers! 

Message 1 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Re: How Can I Improve?

Feb 24, 2013
Well you're a UK gamer on a US playstation forum which I STILL don't understand why you guys aren't on your own forums, I mean there's an EU Playstation website for a reaqson.
Message 2 of 8 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Ya. Segregation FTW and all.

Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 8 (131 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 24, 2013
I'm a UK player? o.o

I live in the US, maybe something is weird with how I registered or something!

But I kinda wish EU had a forum too so I could mange a good EU tournament! I tried one before but couldn't get people.
Message 4 of 8 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Feb 24, 2013
xD Nevermind, wrong person. I thought you were the same guy hosting the tourney that segamad66 is hosting. Didn't see names. Sorry Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 8 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Hey no problem!

I still got to have a shoutout to the awesome UK players out there right? Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Feb 24, 2013
I'm just gonna throw some ideas out there see what you think.

Personally it's a little intimidating for me who has never competitively played a fighting game to jump into a tournament that includes the best olimar smash player Dabuz.

Of course the best way to get better is to play people who are better than you and I did play in the tournament on Friday but maybe some people are too intimidated by such advanced players.

I remember at my school where we would always play smash bros we once hosted an "amateur" tournament where we each had a "pro" to help us.

It was kind of an icebreaker that brought in more people to the smash tournaments. If you could figure out a way to set up tournaments for those casual or noob players it might help bring in more people.

Just throwing some stuff out there what do you think?
Message 7 of 8 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 24, 2013
I like the idea of a newcomers or casual tournament, it's a nice touch!

I'll seriously have to look at that. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8 (85 Views)
0 Likes