Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 07 2013
By: RedLegend14 Fender Bender 2320 posts

Host Migration, we need it.

[ Edited ]
20 replies 350 views Edited Jan 7, 2013

This ragequiting BS has gotten ridiculous, almost every match I play on someone ragequits, no one wants to lose.

A few minutes ago I probably had the best match I've ever played, got 3 kills with Spike's level 2 and 3 more with his level 3, I complete dodged Kratos' level 3 and only died once. Only 3 seconds left until the match is over and BOOM, host ragequits,  I felt like throwing my TV out the window. I completely despise ragequiters, and what's worse, it was playing Ranked so I was basically cheated out of my belt points, it just feels like Co-Op Hunter Arena on Uncharted 3 all over again.

I'm kind of OK with people ragequiting at the start or middle of the match, but at the very end? When you were probably going to lose anyway? It's a lose-lose situation for everyone, not only do you still lose, but the winner gets screwed over and you made everyone waste their time. What's the point of playing Ranked when things like this and the horrible lag that sometimes shows up keep you from earning BP and getting better belts? I know it looks like I'm overreacting and at the end it's just a game, but this really affects people like me who want to get all the titles and want to get to the top of the leaderboards.

Look, I don't know the first thing about game design or how online servers work, but I think that a lot of people will agree with me when I say that the servers in this game are crap, and not only does that affect people playing Ranked, but also everyone who plays online since it just ruins everyone's online experience and drives people away from this game. I really like this game, and I really don't want it's online community to die out, and though it might not look like it's such a serious problem, things like this just kill it for a lot of people and I think that having Host Migration is a good step trowards having a better online experience.

I don't know if it will actually reduce lag or anything like that, like I said I don't know anything about that, I just want something to be done about the servers. Saying that, I'm open to any suggestions or opinions, and everything in this thread is based on my experiences with the game. Leave the buffs and nerfs for later, fix the actual online first.

Message 1 of 21 (350 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Re: Host Migration, we need it.

Jan 7, 2013
I agree.
Message 2 of 21 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Jan 7, 2013

ONE NATION HOST MIGRATION

Message 3 of 21 (336 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 7, 2013

we need it

Message 4 of 21 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
539 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Exactly, and I know what you're talking about with UC3. Before the update where it counts as a loss if you ragequit I never completed a game of hunter arena.
Message 5 of 21 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2320 posts

Jan 7, 2013

TJLEW wrote:
Exactly, and I know what you're talking about with UC3. Before the update where it counts as a loss if you ragequit I never completed a game of hunter arena.

To this day Hunter Arena continues to be unplayable, it was a cool concept, but was executed poorly. People only play it to get rare treasures,and nobody has fun doing it.

Message 6 of 21 (311 Views)
Fender Bender
2320 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Bump, SuperBot needs to see this.

Message 7 of 21 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2924 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Agreed, I want it. Although these things probably won't happen until the sequel, and there will be one. Do you really think Sony is going to let this one die? Rhetorical question, they won't.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 8 of 21 (267 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Haha I totally agree with you man, or something to punish the quitters, such as considering it a forfeit or something. Me and a buddy play 2v2 ranked and we`ve had a fair share of quitters, including one like yours (they quit right at the end). One run thru we had a consistent run of quitters on every match. It`s no fun and I hate when people do it. Sometimes you LOSE BP for them quitting. It`s stupid...

Man, I wish people who do that would just play unranked or something. If ya can`t take the heat, don`t play ranked, I always say. But yeah, I hope this gets fixed soon.

...Though I have quit a few times before due to my partner not making it into the game and his character just sits there. Haha sorry to those few...

Message 9 of 21 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Jan 7, 2013
I hate when my teammate quits before the start or during. It's like what the hell dude? Did you seriously puss out? Again, I can nearly handle this sort of thing, but it's annoying having to take on two people at once when that's not what you signed up for. Sucks there's so little free-for-all. That would fix that.
Message 10 of 21 (235 Views)
0 Likes