Jan 27 2013
By: dabuz18 Hekseville Citizen 238 posts

Horobuz's 1v1 biweekly #5 (Prize if 30+ entrants) IS TODAY

[ Edited ]
26 replies 431 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

When: Friday Jan.Feb 1st, 7pm Est.
Bracket and Xat will be posted here in a new topic on the tournament day.

http://allstararena.com/threads/feb-1-2013-horobuzs-online-1v1-tourney-5-online.442/

TOURNAMENT XAT, BE HERE OR POST IN THIS THREAD TODAY TO BE PUT IN BRACKET: http://xat.com/ASAsingles

1v1
Stock limit
Stock limit is set to 3 stocks.
If a game goes into overtime, the winner will be determined by overtime.
All sets are played best out of 3 matches.
Match Settings:
Items are set to OFF
Hazards are set to ON
Double elimination bracket (You must lose two sets to be out of the tournament.)
Normal AP gain

Stages:
Alden's Tower
Columbia
Dojo!
Hades
Metropolis
Paris
San Francisco
Stowaways
Time Station
Practice small 1 and 2
practice medium 1 and 2

Stage selection will be decided by the players. How they decide is up to them, so long as it's a legal stage. If players cannot agree on a stage or stage selection method, they will go through stage striking.
Neutrals: San Francisco, Dojo, Metropolis, Practice Stage Medium 1, Columbia. 
Player 1 will "Strike" one of these 5 stages, then player 2 will "Strike" 2 of these stages, finally Player 1 will "Strike" 1 stage. This leaves one "neutral" stage left and that is the stage which is played. The host is player 1 if there is a striking order dispute.

Each player (1v1) or is allowed only 1 stage ban per set.

-A player coming from the losers bracket in GFs must win 2 sets in order to win the tournament, this is because a player coming from the winner's bracket has not lost a set while the loser bracket player is down 1 set.
-Both players must announce their character before striking game 1.

-Ratchet's grab infinite on Alden's tower or similar stage circumstances is banned. You cannot regrab after throwing the opponent into the pit while they are still stunned.

Match Progression:
Winner of a match in a set must stay with character. (only if Loser picks character and goes to random stage)
Loser of match in a set can select a new character OR stage.
If the loser selects a new character, the next stage is selected at RANDOM.
IF loser picks to select stage WINNER can change character)
*Double Blind: If elected. (Both players must tell a neutral third party their character selections)
*No one stage can be played more than once in a set*

When reporting results please include the characters and stages used.

When contacting opponents, players may use PMs, wall messages, PSN, or any other form of communication. However I will have a XAT running and it is the most preferable and quickest means of communication for the players and myself.

I am the TO, I am here to run the tournament in hopes the players have a fun time and the tournament gets run, don't be uncooperative.

If there are any issues during the tournament, do not hesitate to contact me.

I WILL NOT put you in the bracket unless you post in this thread or show up on the Xat the day of the tournament. I ENCOURAGE people to post their interest in this thread. If there are 32 or more entrants, I will be giving the first place winner a $20 PSN card code and the second place winner a $10 PSN card code.

Check ins for the tournament will start anytime on Friday, post on the forums or go to the xat under your preferred bracket name to be entered in bracket.

This Biweekly is meant to address three complaints of my past tournaments: Items, Time, and Franzea as a legal stage. ALL sets are 2/3 in order to keep the tourney running at a consistent pace. I would also LOVE feedback on what people prefer, 2 or 3 stock, after the tourney. One other thing I would like is suggestions on how to pick stage for game 1.

psn: dabuz18
Check out my Youtube channel for high level Allstar matches and eventually other video game gameplay. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabuz18/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Message 1 of 27 (431 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Re: Horobuz's 1v1 biweekly #5 (Prize if 30+ entrants) (Feb 1st)

Jan 27, 2013

Im in, but i get done with work at 9:30 Smiley Tongue

Mains Toro.

Message 2 of 27 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
238 posts

Jan 27, 2013

It'd be cool if more people post here to show interest...

Check out my Youtube channel for high level Allstar matches and eventually other video game gameplay. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabuz18/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Message 3 of 27 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

Hey il be in but can yu PSN me when the tournament is going to start and stuff? You never mentioned a date or time. You said you cant grab while stunned but what if they grab you while yur getting up over and over again. Ratchet ofcourse.

EDIT: nevermind i just saw the date lol was the 1st thing posted... duh..

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 4 of 27 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Strange how on any normal tournament spots get filled fast but when its one from another site no one is, or they go to the site and dont post here idk.
Message 5 of 27 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 27, 2013

i went to the site and tried to reply and it said i "have no privileges to post a reply" lol so yeah i tried

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 6 of 27 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
238 posts

Jan 27, 2013

That probably means you haven't accepted the confirmation email you get when registering.

Message 7 of 27 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
238 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Bumping, less than a week away.

Message 8 of 27 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
238 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Daily bump.

Message 9 of 27 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Jan 29, 2013
I suck at this game,but I'm a 492 Jak,but like I said I suck still...
PSN: sharpshotjiggles
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 10 of 27 (347 Views)
0 Likes