Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: Hint 3-4 = Raiden

Aug 5, 2012
I think its safer to assume the hint is for one of the leaked characters because Paul Gale did not know the full roster at the point he wrote those hints. In a later post he did mention knowing the leaked characters before hand, Raiden is they way to go here imo. 

Message 11 of 20 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: Hint 3-4 = Raided

Aug 5, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

KingDustero wrote:

Fontanne wrote:

I'm praying we get to play as snake rather than  uh...... Raided.

I honestly would be very disappointed if Snake/Big Boss got in and not Raiden.  IMO Snake and Big Boss are better characters than Raiden story-wise, but Raiden would completely destroy them from a gameplay standpoint.  He would be a much better character to include who IMO would be a lot more fun to play.  

So even though I like Snake and Big Boss better as characters, I want Raiden over them if only one gets in All Stars.

I'm honestly not fond of Raiden in his current form and would have much preferred if he continued on in the series like he was at the end of MGS2: similar to Snake but further developed his skills with the HF Blade to come into his own instead of an over-the-top Gray Fox clone.  I would have loved to have played a follow up title with an MGS2 end-game Raiden.  I think that alone would have been enough to let him stand out (Big Boss would lean more towards CQC, Snake would be more gun oriented and Raiden would have the HF Blade and be more agile overall).

My problem with Raiden's inclusion is the 'All-Star' name staring back at me.  That's really the big reason why I think Big Boss or Solid should make it in.

I think people should just forget about the name of the game lol, Big Daddy is not an all star, Fat princess is not an all star. Atleast one person has complained about one character at a point in time. Its just narrowing people's view of the game. If this game was called playstation battle royale people would prob be fine with some not so popular characters (new dante, Raiden, evil cole)

Message 12 of 20 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41117 posts

Aug 5, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:
I think people should just forget about the name of the game lol, Big Daddy is not an all star, Fat princess is not an all star. Atleast one person has complained about one character at a point in time. Its just narrowing people's view of the game. If this game was called playstation battle royale people would prob be fine with some not so popular characters (new dante, Raiden, evil cole)

I actually mentioned this recently in another thread.  Sony/SuperBot *REALLY* should have simply gone with 'PlayStation Battle Royale' instead of having 'All-Stars' in the title cause it really does ramp up the expectations of who *SHOULD* be in the game, specifically from the PS1 era alone (Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Cloud/Sephiroth, etc.) and if those characters don't make it in, because of the name and those expectations created from it, some would view that as a 'failure'.

'Battle Royale' would have given them a lot more leg room, at least in regards to fan expectations.

Message 13 of 20 (93 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Aug 5, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:

I actually mentioned this recently in another thread.  Sony/SuperBot *REALLY* should have simply gone with 'PlayStation Battle Royale' instead of having 'All-Stars' in the title cause it really does ramp up the expectations of who *SHOULD* be in the game, specifically from the PS1 era alone (Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Cloud/Sephiroth, etc.) and if those characters don't make it in, because of the name and those expectations created from it, some would view that as a 'failure'.

'Battle Royale' would have given them a lot more leg room, at least in regards to fan expectations.

I was one of those people at first lol, but than I realized that it doesnt really matter as long as the characters are fun. Plus I still think they are doing a pretty good job with representing PS history. 

Message 14 of 20 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Aug 5, 2012

Like I said before, the meaning of "All-Star" is so broad, that it can mean many things, especially in the game world. It can mean the best selling, most popular characters, it can means the characters fondly remembered, while not necessarily popular in terms of sales, and it could also mean characters that just represent the brand, it's just way to broad when you think about it

So yeah, ignoring the name will make the roster picks much, much easier to deal with, of course I personally like all of the leaked characters too :smileytongue:

Message 15 of 20 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Aug 5, 2012
I dont see how the gun looks like the logo, sorrh i just dont see it. But the la le lu li lo could be for snake too he had to shut them down an raiden was being controled by them.
Message 16 of 20 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Aug 5, 2012

I honestly would want both Big Boss and Raiden

Message 17 of 20 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Aug 5, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:

KingDustero wrote:

Fontanne wrote:

I'm praying we get to play as snake rather than  uh...... Raided.

I honestly would be very disappointed if Snake/Big Boss got in and not Raiden.  IMO Snake and Big Boss are better characters than Raiden story-wise, but Raiden would completely destroy them from a gameplay standpoint.  He would be a much better character to include who IMO would be a lot more fun to play.  

So even though I like Snake and Big Boss better as characters, I want Raiden over them if only one gets in All Stars.

Agreed, plus I would rather play as an awesome cyborg ninja rather than a dying old man anyday. 

Are you dense? You do realize that Snake was young for the majority of his recent games. And whos to say he won't get the Heihachi treatment and be young. If they can't do that than Big Boss would be a good choice.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 18 of 20 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Aug 5, 2012
They coUld be going with two characters in MGS why keep speculating when we all know Raiden is already confirmed, just hope Snake is also included.
Message 19 of 20 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 5, 2012

the whole picture looks like the symbol, MANY people have pointed that out, and it would be just like paul gale to have a vague hint like that.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 20 of 20 (33 Views)
0 Likes